Author Topic: Display problems with CIRP  (Read 7318 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Display problems with CIRP
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 07:15:45 AM »
"I'v tried the following w/o any effect to my CIRP problem:
-DX9"

I'm confused. Are you saying that you have the same problem in DX9 as well?

If you have the smoking barrels then it obviously isn't an issue with that smoke effect. From your screenshots it looks like your black squares are perhaps something related to ground textures and not an effect since the black squares are horizontal and look like they're at ground level. Once again my question is, are you seeing this in DX9 as well? I've never seen anything like this related to, or caused by, DX10.

One more question: do you have a lot of tweeks that you've added to your FSX.cfg?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »
Is it possible that we are seeing some type of corrupt cloud effect which could end up on the ground at high altitudes?  Do the rotating black squares go away if you clear all weather including weather addons and any modified cloud textures?

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 08:17:54 AM »
Sorry Rod, I disagree.  Clouds would affect a much wider area.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »
Neither FSX nor FSX/DX10 display cloud shadows. (There is, however, a new DX10 Fixer addon that displays ground shadows when flying above 1,000 feet. They don't display at all below that altitude so this can't be the case here.)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »
Just a thought ;D   I assume the black squares go away if the scenery for that location is disabled but don't see that stated anywhere.   Just checking....

Rod

updraft

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »
Problem solved!
But I don't exactly know why...

I focused on changes in nVidia Profile Inspector antialiasing settings as per the manual for DX10SF plus antialiasing settings in DX10SF, let the DX10SF effects conversion tool make its job (it did that quite a number of times the past days) and voilĂ : PF40 McLeod and all the other CIRP stations show snow white blowing snow!
Yes, the problem was in connection with blowing snow effect, probably around snow drifts.
All ok now, I am now enjoying my Cessna and Piper ski planes out of CZST on Cambria Ice fields!

Thank you for all your friendly attempts to help my case!

Best regards
Ernst

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
That's great!  I am glad you got it solved.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Great! For what it's worth the anti-alias settings in NVidia Inspector wouldn't have been the problem. It would have been some problem with the effect not being converted for the DX10 shaders.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support