Author Topic: Online multiplayers flights available...  (Read 8537 times)

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
Online multiplayers flights available...
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:05:04 AM »
Gentlemen,
just for your information, St Paul Airlines virtual is active in multiplayers online flights. Everyday there is a couple or more of our pilots who fly together.
We have a good teamspeak3 server for our members and our online active pilots usually use JOIN FS Program to fly together. This is what this program offers (free):

JoinFS: About

JoinFS is a free cross-platform multiplayer client for flight simulators.

Smooth jitter-free movement of aircraft.
    A minimal and clean user interface.
    Typically uses less than 1% of CPU time.
    Uses less than 20Mb system memory.

Main Features

Brings together pilots from different simulators: FSX:Steam, Prepar3D, FSX (boxed).
    Hostless low-latency peer-to-peer network topology.
    Shared cockpit, unlimited passengers and multi-role cockpit.
    Record and save multiple aircraft to a file and play back recordings live over the network.
    Simple model matching allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
    Decentralized hub mode allows anyone to run a publicly listed hub. No central servers.
    Bookmarks make it easy to save your regular connections.

By the way, St Paul Airlines is closely connected with Misty Moorings program and hosts a Misty Moorings section on its website. Therefore, if you wish to participate to our online activity, after checking our conditions, you can enroll on our website and take advantge of all our facilities. Check our website and you will also discover that SPA is one of the best "flying low and slow" VA.

Yoland,
St Paul Airlines virtual CEO

By the way, most of our members have downloaded Misty Moorings program and use these sceneries almost daily.

http://www.stpaulairlines.com/
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Online multiplayers flights available...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:14:42 AM »
Thanks Yoland.  I use JoinFS and I highly recommend it also.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:53:30 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

marc2140

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
I had a look at yr website Yoland, but did not find anything that points to JoinFS online flights.
I am flying several times a week with the program and must say that it has a great future...
Marcel
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

Yoland

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:01:16 PM »
I forgot to explain how to join our online flyers. It's quite easy but unformal.
We have a section called  "FSHost & Teamspeak Servers" on the home page.  Our online flyers are daily online on the Teamspeak server (during the day - US time) and welcome all interested pilots to join their multiplayers flights.
In our VA, the organization of such daily events is a little bit easygoing and unfussy, but it's also free-and-easy and first of all it works,
So just install or use Teamspeak 3 and  feel free to get in touch in the lounge with anybody present.
I said it, very unformal but efficient. Before we tried to have something more organized and conventional... but it never really worked.

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
Being one who is always online in TeamSpeak3 and a member of SPA, let me try to explain what Yoland is trying to convey. SPA has an official TS3 server and an online server. Those of us flying together online, when we do, set up our own JoinFS servers to fly on and use the VA TS3 server. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us. Send me an email or PM me and I will be glad to provide the information to my server and I am sure the others would as well. I am not sure that Yoland and company are going to open up the VA to non-members, but that is their call.

Yoland

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
Being one who is always online in TeamSpeak3 and a member of SPA, let me try to explain what Yoland is trying to convey. SPA has an official TS3 server and an online server. Those of us flying together online, when we do, set up our own JoinFS servers to fly on and use the VA TS3 server. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us. Send me an email or PM me and I will be glad to provide the information to my server and I am sure the others would as well. I am not sure that Yoland and company are going to open up the VA to non-members, but that is their call.
I think that Steve's suggestion might offer you a good opportunity to join their "private" online flights. Using the St Paul Airlines facilities such as the companie's Teamspeak server is another point and I have to be quite clear about this option. This service is for our members only and is not open to the *public". One must understand that we are running a VA to have pilots joining  our company and our activities, and not supplying an open communication platform. This being said it's very easy to join SPA and all we ask to our members is to fly (and report) at least once a month for the company.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:09:52 AM by Yoland »

Teecee

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
I would love to fly online with other RTMM folk, but I have a real problem with the voice programs used..If anyone has Skype I would be delighted to fly with them using Skype and whatever MP program you like.. Teecee.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 04:13:13 PM »
FWIW the VA I am a member of flies every Sat. morning.  Our arrangement is one member has a computer running TeamSpeak 24/7 and another member runs FSHost 24/7.  TeamSpeak is an excellent,trouble free voice communication source.
With FSHost Client we have very few problems with up to 10 members flying.
Later,

Spud

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 06:16:09 PM »
Skype works but can you do more than 2 or 3 with Skpye? We have a channel on Discord. (Discord is free and has a Browser version or a windows DL-PC version.. (the PC windows DL version is much better and browser doesn't have to stay open).  Discord is free reg,..  If you want to go that way, when in Discord, just search for server  Alaska Adventures

Now Terry and I have flown together a few times now - comms via Skype.. We flew over in Down under land.. NZ, Tasmania (Terry was showing me around his stomping grounds).

Just the other day we flew a multi stop-over flight in BC! - using skype for comms.. which is no problem for two but more than two: is skype a problem? Does skype have a party line feature?

I'm usually flying in RTMM land: Alaska or BC mostly but some NWT/Yukon.. but when flying usually kick on Discord, vatsim (Vpilot), and FSCloud every time I'm in the air - Pilot ID -AKA995.

Spud, who do you fly with? (VA) I just might be around this Saturday AM.. and would love to take to the air!
(I guess we have to watch our time zones too - I'm in Ontario East Time)

Norm

Norm 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »
Norm,
Our VA is named We Fly Together. (WFT) it is a group that spun off from another VA that got way to nit pickin' and bossy.  At the moment we are participating in an Alaska flight from (SXP) Sheldon Point to Smithers (CYYD) and it begins tomorrow.
We decided to be very informal and actually are just a group that fly's together rather than just scheduled flights etc.  We do have canned routes if you wish to fly them and we fly mostly in SAK, PFJ etc. although we do have worldwide flights.  Most Sat. flights are multi-week affairs and normally start time is 0800Z.  Members range from the U.S. Great Britain, Spain and Australia so some folks are up pretty late due to time differences. Pensacola is in Central time so I'm lucky I can fly is "regular" hrs.
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:25 PM »
FYI,  ;)
     I fly every Sunday at 1800z with Com-Central.net's crew.  We just re-started our season last week with a C-47 flight over a volcanic ridge in South America.  Part two of that flight is this week.  I fly with Gunter, Wolter, and Ron.  We are an international group, Gunter in Germany, Wolter in the Netherlands, and Ron in Nebraska.  We hook up with "JoinFS" and the Com-Central "teamspeak" server.  You'll want to register with the forum to be able to get the flightplan for each week, as well as say hi and coordinate logistics, etc., etc.

Com-Central forum:  Bush Flights (probably have to register to view this ??? )
http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=93

Happy Flying!!  :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »
Ok Guy - Saturdays.. SXP to CYYD right now: a nice 1200 nm trip!. Sounds like fun and a relaxed time and some  some bush at your "We fly together" place. ok. You guys have a site? How do you guys hook up? FSCloud or JoinFS, vatsim, IVAO or?  and what do you use for comms? 

(PS: I'm building a Yukon River trip VA tour from PAJN TO SXP-goes live at our VA on Nov. 9  2017) and just this am put up a Ketchikan Float Excursion: our last float trip for this year as temps are starting dropping up here and its starting to snow a tad too-off and on!) Might get another month and a 1/2 before things get a might chilly and too frosty for float operations...lol.)

--------------------------------

And to you Jeff. Sundays.. ok.. Just was on Com-Central.net. and (JoinFS) ok.. (I'll pop in JoinFS and look for you guys tomorrow afternoon if I am able.) Comms TS3 ok. (I'll put TS3 back on too!.lol) (I see Gunter does the flight planning and sets up the background via posts in the forums.... cool. Thanks for the info Jeff.)

Norm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:16:02 AM by nbrich1 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »
Norm,
 ???
sorry to be late answering I got involved with Real Life stuff.
we use Teamspeak for comm. and FSHost Client for A/C display.
If your interested in trying out the group let me know and I'll PM the info.
Gotta go fly right now group is waiting.
 8)
Later,

Spud

nbrich1

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
lol.. No problem Guy: Real life stuff has a way of showing its importance and sure takes precedence.!!

Just installed FSHost and it seems to be working:well have the server list..  TS3,  Got it.Sure pm the info and will see if we can hook up.

Norm

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
lol.. No problem Guy: Real life stuff has a way of showing its importance and sure takes precedence.!!

Just installed FSHost and it seems to be working:well have the server list..  TS3,  Got it.Sure pm the info and will see if we can hook up.

Norm

Hi Norm,
     Pretty sure he won't be seeing this message, as he is in the cockpit right now.  ;)   You'll be set for next week though, for sure (after he gets back, checks his messages, and replies ... )   :P