Author Topic: Online multiplayers flights available...  (Read 710 times)

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • View Profile
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
Online multiplayers flights available...
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:05:04 AM »
Gentlemen,
just for your information, St Paul Airlines virtual is active in multiplayers online flights. Everyday there is a couple or more of our pilots who fly together.
We have a good teamspeak3 server for our members and our online active pilots usually use JOIN FS Program to fly together. This is what this program offers (free):

JoinFS: About

JoinFS is a free cross-platform multiplayer client for flight simulators.

Smooth jitter-free movement of aircraft.
    A minimal and clean user interface.
    Typically uses less than 1% of CPU time.
    Uses less than 20Mb system memory.

Main Features

Brings together pilots from different simulators: FSX:Steam, Prepar3D, FSX (boxed).
    Hostless low-latency peer-to-peer network topology.
    Shared cockpit, unlimited passengers and multi-role cockpit.
    Record and save multiple aircraft to a file and play back recordings live over the network.
    Simple model matching allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
    Decentralized hub mode allows anyone to run a publicly listed hub. No central servers.
    Bookmarks make it easy to save your regular connections.

By the way, St Paul Airlines is closely connected with Misty Moorings program and hosts a Misty Moorings section on its website. Therefore, if you wish to participate to our online activity, after checking our conditions, you can enroll on our website and take advantge of all our facilities. Check our website and you will also discover that SPA is one of the best "flying low and slow" VA.

Yoland,
St Paul Airlines virtual CEO

By the way, most of our members have downloaded Misty Moorings program and use these sceneries almost daily.

http://www.stpaulairlines.com/
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
Re: Online multiplayers flights available...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:14:42 AM »
Thanks Yoland.  I use JoinFS and I highly recommend it also.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:53:30 PM by jeff3163 »

:P Win10Pro64, P3Dv4 ;) , AMD Ryzen7 1800X@4.0 GHz ;) , 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti ;) , 1T/1T SSD's for Sims/OS, 3x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals

marc2140

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
I had a look at yr website Yoland, but did not find anything that points to JoinFS online flights.
I am flying several times a week with the program and must say that it has a great future...
Marcel
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX+Accelerator

Yoland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:01:16 PM »
I forgot to explain how to join our online flyers. It's quite easy but unformal.
We have a section called  "FSHost & Teamspeak Servers" on the home page.  Our online flyers are daily online on the Teamspeak server (during the day - US time) and welcome all interested pilots to join their multiplayers flights.
In our VA, the organization of such daily events is a little bit easygoing and unfussy, but it's also free-and-easy and first of all it works,
So just install or use Teamspeak 3 and  feel free to get in touch in the lounge with anybody present.
I said it, very unformal but efficient. Before we tried to have something more organized and conventional... but it never really worked.

BBQSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
Being one who is always online in TeamSpeak3 and a member of SPA, let me try to explain what Yoland is trying to convey. SPA has an official TS3 server and an online server. Those of us flying together online, when we do, set up our own JoinFS servers to fly on and use the VA TS3 server. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us. Send me an email or PM me and I will be glad to provide the information to my server and I am sure the others would as well. I am not sure that Yoland and company are going to open up the VA to non-members, but that is their call.

Yoland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
Being one who is always online in TeamSpeak3 and a member of SPA, let me try to explain what Yoland is trying to convey. SPA has an official TS3 server and an online server. Those of us flying together online, when we do, set up our own JoinFS servers to fly on and use the VA TS3 server. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us. Send me an email or PM me and I will be glad to provide the information to my server and I am sure the others would as well. I am not sure that Yoland and company are going to open up the VA to non-members, but that is their call.
I think that Steve's suggestion might offer you a good opportunity to join their "private" online flights. Using the St Paul Airlines facilities such as the companie's Teamspeak server is another point and I have to be quite clear about this option. This service is for our members only and is not open to the *public". One must understand that we are running a VA to have pilots joining  our company and our activities, and not supplying an open communication platform. This being said it's very easy to join SPA and all we ask to our members is to fly (and report) at least once a month for the company.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:09:52 AM by Yoland »