Author Topic: Area's Missing  (Read 6976 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Area's Missing
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »
     I agree with Steve that the Lake Louise Lodge zip file does not contain two folders named Lake Louise Lodge.  In any case, always be sure to point the scenery library at the folder that contains the scenery sub-folder (as a rule).  ;)
(that's scenery with a small "s", not a capital.  It matters.)   :o ???  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:23:44 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 10:10:34 PM »
 :) :) Uh-Oh...here we go again. It actually doesn't matter if scenery is spelled Scenery, scenery, ScEnErY, or any capitalization of any of the letters as long as the spelling is correct. :) :)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 12:24:58 AM »
No I unzipped it and got what is shown. I did NOT create the second folder ! That is the way the damn thing unzips by itself!   I have been building, and servicing computers for 19 years !  would know if I created a sub folder myself.  >:(

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »
I can't figure out how you have 2 LLL folders that nest since there's only 1 in the zip file that both Jeff and I have. I know that there have been some screwy things happen in the download section that sometimes deliver different file versions, so maybe that's what's going on here. Please show your entire folder structure that shows 2 LLL folders that includes the mysterious subfolder that you have and didn't create.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 05:57:05 AM »
Do you use WinZip ?  One click unzip gives you a parent folder with the name of the zip file, with the content inside of it. Hence- parent folder circled in red, then sub folder also circled in red.  Scenery\RTMM\Lake Louise\etc.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:59:38 AM by Penzoil3 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 07:11:14 AM »
No, I use 7-zip. So it looks like Winzip created your file nesting issue since the zip archive wasn't created or delivered that way to you on the scenery page.

Jeff boiled it down to simpli ity above: just point to the scenery folder when adding it to your library. After that don't move it around on your HDD without editing or deleting it in the scenery library. 
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
No biggy it just boils down to one's interpretation of "nested".  To me if there is a folder inside of a folder with the same name that is 'nested'. 
As stated almost all RTMM scenery is delivered in this form and as long as the user knows to open the first named folder and copy the second folder of the sam name which contains the scenery sub-folder they will not have extra un-needed .txt, jpg etc. files hogging space in their HD.
 8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
Another case of "even if I'm wrong, I'm right" I'm with you Sue, the damn files are nested, have been nested and probably will always be nested if unzipped correctly. But like you, I've only been involved with computers since 1975. Ummm.............how long is that? Lost my bubble.

Penzoil3

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:21 PM »
 8) Thanks guys!
 Sue

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »
Another case of "even if I'm wrong, I'm right" I'm with you Sue, the damn files are nested, have been nested and probably will always be nested if unzipped correctly. But like you, I've only been involved with computers since 1975. Ummm.............how long is that? Lost my bubble.

People have different ways of executing the installation, it seems.  I use 7zip.  I open the zip file on my desktop (and examine the contents), then drag/drop the folder containing the scenery sub-folder in it into my Addon Scenery/RTMM/ directory in Windows Explorer.  I almost never get "nested" folders that way.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
 8) Thanks Jeff!
     Steve

A good way to avoid the Winzip nested folder issue would be to rename the zip file to something else before unzipping. In this case just rename "Lake Louise Lodge.zip" to something like "RTMM Lake Louise Lodge.zip." Now the parent folder Winzip creates upon execution won't inherit the same name the author gave to his  scenery area's folder and therefore no perceived nesting or confusion.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:32 AM »
 I know when I have a scenery not showing up after an install, I go back and check the file sequence. I have found 'nested' files in the past. New term to me but appropriate. To me it's when you find a scenery main folder listed twice...as a sub-folder..after it's unzipped. I routinely check the main scenery file for a main scenery sub-file. It was quite common at one point...doesn't happen much any more. Doug and the team are learning just as we all are.

jsapair
Jsapair