Author Topic: Area's Missing  (Read 6922 times)

PeterW

Area's Missing
« on: April 09, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »
I am trying to get the BWEP set up so that I can fly over it.  I have installed Lake Louise Lodge, Landmark Gap Resort, and Klutina Outfitters in the FSAddon folder of P3DV3.4.  I then add the scenery folders using the Scenery Settings in P3D.  When the scenery is being processed I get Messages Scenery.CFG file error: cannot find area.247 in ...Landmark Gap\scenery; cannot find area.248 in .... Lake Louis Lodge\scenery; cannot find area.249 in ... Klutina Outfitters\scenery.

I am trying to get PF56 to appear in the P3D scenery base so I can fly there.  Right now it does not exist.

PeterW
Peter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Area's Missing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
Read this thread and it may help you with your issue. If after studying it to see if it relates to anything you may have done and you can't solve your problem, post back and we'll take another stab at it for you.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3401.0

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
 8)
 Check and see if you have a Lake Louise folder inside the Lake Louise folder, they often come nested. If you put them in add on scenery that way, the sim doesn't see the scenery and texture folders in the second Lake Louise folder nested inside the first one.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
If it was a just case of not seeing nested folders then FS wouldn't wouldn't throw that error in the first place. Besides, none of those sceneries are nested to begin with.

You have to point here:
     Lake Louise Lodge
          Scenery (where all of the .bgl files reside)

FS is not seeing the scenery folders inside of any of the RTMM sceneries, meaning that the pointers were either wrong to begin with, or the folder locations were physically moved on the HDD after installation without changing the pointers in the scenery library as well. As I said above, read the thread that I linked to and also get the Scenery Cfg Editor.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:06 AM »
PeterW is all fixed up via a help email.  It was scenery.cfg path error: (Scenery folder assignments via sim were not pointing correctly for Klutina, Landmark, and Lake Louise (were pointing to incorrect paths/folders)  and as a result the sim was unable to find the correct scenery folders)

The scenery.cfg to the missing scenery folders was re-assigned (Sim-World-Scenery >edit  for those 3 locations and reassigned the correct location/path of the scenery and enabled - all working now as intended.

Norm
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:44:50 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
The kind of errors he had are ALWAYS a result of changing the scenery folder path(s) on your HDD without changing them in the sim as well.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 04:42:26 PM »
 8)
 When you unzip Lake Louise Lodge, you get a folder named Lake Louise Lodge. Inside is another folder title Lake Louise Lodge, several jpgs, a flight plan, and the read me. If that isn't nested, what would you call it?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
The zipped archive on the RTMM scenery page, "Lake Louise Lodge.zip" contains the main "Lake Louise Lodge" folder, as in your screenshot, which has a "Scenery" sub-folder. It isn't nested. So if you have:

Lake Louise Lodge.zip
     Lake Louise Lodge
          Lake Louise Lodge
               jpgs. (etc.)
                    Scenery
then you have an old copy of the scenery. The "readme_install_lake_louise_lodge.txt" in the current zip file on the scenery page has a date of 10/25/2016 9:41.pm. Yours is dated 10/18/2016 11:53.

There are more than likely bgl's in the scenery folder that are more recent than in your version. Download the newest one and tell me if you are seeing what I am.

Steve

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 07:04:57 PM »
Just D/L the Lake Louise Lodge file and as Sue says it is indeed 'nested', as are a lot of the RTMM scenery.
Unzip the scenery and the result is shown in attachment.

Open the Lake Louise Lodge folder in this unzipped scenery and you have the scenery sub-folder.  So it is the second Lake Louise Lodge folder that must be copied into your simulator or you have miscelleaous
.jpg's, .txt and .pln files using up HD space uncesssarily.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:12:02 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »
What you describe isn't nested. RTMM scenery is always properly delivered in this format. There's a zip archive that contains a named folder that contains a scenery subfolder. Nested would technically the way that I outlined above. The confusion may lie in the fact that the misc. files should have probably been inside of the main L.L. folder instead of outside of it, but a minor point.In the long run it doesn't matter what you call it. Back to the OP's problem: it was because he didn't have the file pointers correct, thus causing his issue. Had nothing to do with nesting or not nesting.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 10:57:33 PM »
 8) Thanks Spud !

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »
"When you unzip Lake Louise Lodge, you get a folder named Lake Louise Lodge. Inside is another folder title Lake Louise Lodge..."

Then you have a different version that's on the download page (as evidenced by your different file dates.) And if your version looks like you claim it does then yes indeed it is nested. If it's like Spud and I have then no, it isn't nested.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:40:21 AM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »
 8) Better take a closer look at Spud's picture.  The file dates are different, the structure is not. He too shows a folder in a folder.
 Sue
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:00:57 PM by Penzoil3 »

Penzoil3

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »
Today's download- same file structure, one different date. One more flight plan.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
Sue,
Is your folder structure like this, with 2 Lake Louise Lodge folders inside of the zip? Mine looks like your screenshot after it's unzipped (with the scenery folder inside of the LLL file folder.)

Lake Louise Lodge.zip
     Lake Louise Lodge
          Lake Louise Lodge
           jpgs. (etc.)
               Scenery

Mine looks like your screenshot after it's unzipped and with a scenery subfolder within the LLL file folder; only one LLL folder. According to your screenshot you've created a Lake Louise Lodge folder yourself under your Scenery/RTMM folder and then unzipped the contents there. If so then you created the nesting folder structure yourself because the zip structure is:

Lake Louise Lodge.zip
     Lake Louise Lodge
     jpgs. (etc.)
          Scenery (subfolder of LLL)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support