Author Topic: ORBX releases new VECTOR v1.51  (Read 11388 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: ORBX releases new VECTOR v1.51
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »
VECTOR UPDATE info:

OK here's what I've found out and experienced concerning the VECTOR debacle from ORBX.

The first announced update using FTX Central v3 was quick, smooth and without incident. However while enabling/disabling airports and all functions under the tabs:

Transportation   Water Features   Various Features   Airport Elevation Corrections   Settings

Worked fine the error and problem occured when the RunAuto-Configuration button was clicked.
If you have that problem here is a cut n' paste from Ed Correia at ORBX with a fix:

"Important information:

If you are receiving errors after this update in the AEC auto-scan function, please do a search in the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR folder for these files:

APT_BISF.inactive

APT_BIAR.inactive

APT_BINF.inactive

APT_BIRK.inactive

ABP_BISF.inactive

ABP_BIAR.inactive

ABP_BINF.inactive

ABP_BIRK.inactive

If present, delete them and the AEC auto-scan should work.

Apologies for the inconvenience but this will be a temporary work around while we work with Pilots to understand why these files are causing the issue.

Cheers,
Ed"

All that being said at this time the D/L has been fixed and is now safe to D/L via Central v3.  Expect a long wait for everything to finish as it is a huge file and of course everyone and Peter's Pig is trying to get the file.
 8)

UPDATE:

Still trying to keep everybody informed about VECTOR.
Here is another cut n' paste by Nick that explains a bit clearer than Ed's post quoted in my last post.

" How the update works is to reset all the Vector control panel options to default and save a temporary profile.

Then it adds all the new files.

When it has finished, it restores the profile and all should be well.

Any duplicates are deleted by the Vector control panel which has been modified by Pilot's to do this and prevent

the errors.

For reasons that have not yet been established, in the case of the eight files, this process does not take place,

so if they are inactive, the active files are replaced but the inactive files are not deleted.

It cannot be that there are both active and inactive files at the same time and this is what causes the error.

However, diligent research by Ed has revealed that it is only these eight files that are affected, out of tens of thousands.

Deleting them after the update and before the auto-config is run will remove the duplicates and therefore the error.

Once this is done, Vector will work exactly as it should.

As Stuart says, there is no need to run the auto-config because after the update, the pre-existing config is restored.

Manually disabling the airports is a good option but if you delete the offending files, auto-config will work too."

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:18:14 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 06:19:13 PM »
 8) So do I dare just let FTX Central do the update, or is it still uninstall and reinstall ?
 Applying appropriate technique, finger to lips, babbababa...
 Sue

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
Spud ... when they have it ALL FIXED, give us a head's up. I've got too many things happening with the site right now to go in the ditch.  Thank you, sir!

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
8) So do I dare just let FTX Central do the update, or is it still uninstall and reinstall ?
 Applying appropriate technique, finger to lips, babbababa...
 Sue

I let FTX Central do it first.  I waited while over 6 GB of data downloaded before it crashed.  What a waste of time that was.   ::)
     To avoid the "unexpected error" CTD, use flashget to download the new version from your account on OrbxDirect.com.  Click on "uninstall" in FTX Central to remove version 1.50, then install manually from the downloaded file version 1.51.  No errors.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
FWIW after the frist D/L appeared to sucessfully download.  I had checked the enable/disable portion of VECTOR and that worked fine. 
It was after going back to the ORBX site and reading the tails of woe from others that I attempted to run Autoconfiguration routine and experienced the same error.
In my case I opted to follow an earlier post, before Ed's, that recommended deleting all VECTOR files and then D/L and install VECTOR v1.51 via Central V3.  This worked with nothing but a long wait for the D/L to finish via Central.  Nothing new about that.
Later the same day the Ed's post quoted above, showed a way to fix the problem by deleting the files.
Meanwhile ORBX fixed the VECTOR D/L and it should work as advertised now.
Additionally, Nick has posted that there is no reason to run the Autoconfiguation routine with the new D/L as no airports were changed with the D/L.
One final note.  The version number at the top of VECTOR screen when you run the program says v1.50.  This is correct although the D/L was v1.51 the number was not changed in the program and v1.50 is correct.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:01:25 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

dbutterf

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
I would suggest an uninstall of the old version and then an install on the new version.

I have slow d/l speeds so I used the manual d/l, installed and ran AEC tool no problems.

Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Penzoil3

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »
 8) I let FTX Central just update, then went in and deleted the 8 files. It's all good.
 Sue

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »
My DL is hung up about 3/4 of the way thru. Been about 18 hours now...ain't gonna happen. Now what?

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
I'd start over John ... mine came down fairly quickly compared to other people ... about 3 hours. I hung once, restarted it.  But Sue is right. Let it install, then DO NOT go messing with it until you take out those 8 files. In my case, they said "bgl" not "inactive" ... so somehow I didn't have the problem and it is all installed ok.
(Whew).

Doug

jsapair

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 09:39:34 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Doug. As far as the restart goes, do I hit the uninstall button? That's the only option I see on the installation progress page besides Control Panel and User Guide.
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »
That's what I did. I didn't see another way out.

D

jsapair

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 11:11:27 PM »
Roger that. Here we go. I'll let you know. Funny, after reading all those posts I thought I'd let the dust settle and be OK. Not. Thanks, Doug. It's either this or replace the control board in the wife's oven. I'm going with this.

jsapair
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 01:13:12 AM »
Have no clue what's happening now. Hit uninstall and lost the Control Panel and User Guide icons, but no indication that anything at all is happening. What a way to run a business. Guess I'll stand by to stand by, over.

jsapair
Jsapair

LouP

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »
Just as an FYI, I went through the "update" process and all seemed to go well.  I have the Cape Cod canal back but man those bridges just are not right.   ???

LouP

BBQSteve

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
Not a single problem downloading or installing and those files were not set inactive either.

The sky isn't falling!