Author Topic: FSX does not restore from taskbar after minimizing  (Read 2979 times)

marc2140

FSX does not restore from taskbar after minimizing
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
I posted this on a couple of forums but got no solution. Maybe I have more luck over here...?
I made an fsx reinstall today on my windows 10 laptop.
When I now minimize fsx, the icon comes on the taskbar as normal. But when I want to reopen the program, I can hoover over the icon and a kind of miniscreen shows up. However when I push a mouse button (left or right) the program does not restore again.
I can make a bypass by going to the taskmanager and double click there, but that can not be the way to do it.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks.
Marcel
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: FSX does not restore from taskbar after minimizing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »
When I restore something from the taskbar, I first hover over the icon until the little box comes up.  Then I click on that little pop up box.  Sometimes clicking on the icon directly doesn't work.   :-\

I was wondering if the program might be restoring "off screen".  I've also had that happen.  But I have three monitors, and a HMD (head-mounted display).

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »
Marcel, is this happening after your machine goes into "sleep mode", or will it also happen immediately after minimizing to the task bar?

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:56 PM »
It could be a graphics card/drivers/display issue. It's almost like the mouse "gets lost", so to speak. Have you updated the drivers lately? You might try reinstalling your drivers, or if you've recently upgraded, roll back to your previous ones.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

marc2140

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:29:36 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions.
This happens when the pc is in full action, even immediately after I minimized fsx
GPU is functioning without any problem, newest drivers installed and I get super numbers from the Heaven benchmark tool.
My best way around the problem, until now, is: hoover with the mouse over the icon in the taskbar; when the miniscreen appears, put the mouse pointer in there; this results in the fsx full screen appearing again; I then have to hit enter and the program continues.
But I thought computers were made to make life easy...
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:45:30 AM »
Sounds like your FSX is stuck in full screen mode on the taskbar.
Bring up task bar manager - In Processes - Find FSX- right click on it - select bring to front.

When it maximizes, use Alt-Enter to switch mode to windowed.- then it should reset. Then you can go back into Full screen mode and FSX should not be stuck on the task bar.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^