Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 79166 times)

scanham

Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
Thanks Doug!
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »
Keep us posted Steve. See you in our warmer paradise!

Doug

Doug

« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2017, 07:43:50 PM »
A funny thing happened on my way to the lighthouse!  I'm used to the ports that the cruise ships go to, so when I was putting in the Kawaihea Lighthouse ... there, behold, was one hell-of-a big port. I'd never seen it before.  Turns out this used to be King Kamehameha's home town.  Early in the as the area was industrialized, this was a beef shipping port for the islands. they grew the beef at a huge ranch not too far from here and shipped the fresh meat to all of the islands. Today it is still a very active port. But all commercial, (nothing much for a tourist to see). So I added this one to Doug's Hawaii for PILOTs. It is in the 04.08.2017 download.

This one is best observed at dusk or dawn, as there is a lot of lighting involved in the location. Click on the picture for more detail.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »
I have now finished up with the Big Island (Hawaii). All of the lighthouses and "minor lights" are in the Hawaii Tour. I'll be moving on to Maui next and finish those lighthouses.  These have been fun to put in and to learn about. When I put in the Napo'op'o Light I discovered the Captain Cook Memorial (Maintained by Britain) was about a mile away, so I put in the memorial too.  The coastline in Kealakekua Bay was a "mess."  The water was going half way up the cliffs. I did a water flatten for the whole bay shoreline and it is all "settled down" and looking as it should.  The lighthouses, of course, are mostly on the coastline of the islands, so as you fly around the islands you'll be seeing them on display. Always best to fly at dusk ... Steve's "light" object shows up very well.

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
Everything well done!

Doug,

is it possible to turn off the turning concave mirror (and the light) at the fomer (now damaged) Laupahoehoe Point Lighthouse?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »
You bet...I'll fix that this evening. Thank you for spotting it! 

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
Doug,
I've been really busy lately but will make you that b/w diamond lighthouse object thingy that you asked for in the next few days.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
No rush. Such a shame many of the old light houses got replaced with a mast and a "diamond sign".  I've got the masts working pretty well with your new lights ... but those signs will be a finishing touch. 

Thanks Steve
Doug

Doug

« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »
Per Dieter's suggestion, I did a little work on Laupahoehoe Point Light.  I put some fertilizer onto the weeds growing around the "moving" mirror (which I had never noticed before in that object). So it doesn't show. But I also put a better "tower" in that looks more like the real one ... I'll be using this object on other ones that I'll go back and fix up.

Also, the shoreline to the right of the point was very bad with water climbing up the cliff. I did a flatten to about half that coast line (to the next point). You can see the difference in the two screen shots below. I'd like to do this to a lot of the coastline, but this is very time-consuming, so I'll just do it in areas where we have scenery like this one.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
Doug,
need a bit of correction.  Click on the Kawaihae Light flyover picture and the result is the Jurassic Park Flim location.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2017, 07:19:40 PM »
OK, I'll get it when I get back. Thanks Spud.

D

Doug

« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »
Update as of April 25th ...

For the Hawaii Tour section, Hawaii is finished, (for now).  We now begin filling in the blanks on the other islands (lighthouses, etc).

I've added "Doug's Hawaii" and "Hawaii Tours" to the GoTo Table.  The only difference here is that I am putting in the waypoint for the location rather than a starting point (since most people will start from somewhere inside the state of Hawaii).  All of the locations have maps that show you where they are.

You can search for "Hawaii" and you will get all of Doug's Hawaii and Hawaii Tours - Big Island (Hawaii).

I also put the SEASON SWITCHER "season" trigger into the GoTo table for all locations that use the Season switcher.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
Update May 5, 2017 on Escape from Misty Moorings

The package is finished. All of the minor lights and lighthouses are now in the package. We may add one or two more locations later as a need arises, but it is basically finished.   I'l be taking a designer's break for a couple of weeks and sit back and enjoy this thing myself for a while (I'm tired of slewing, I'm going flying!).

The Hawaii PhotoReal can be a bit difficult to get loaded and set up. If you have problems with it, we can help you, several of us are now flying it successfully. It is not for the novices. But please ask, if you need help, it will make some of our frustration worth it to be able to help you avoid that.

All of the new locations (about 50 of them) are on the GoTo Table, search "Hawaii" and you'll get all of them.

Enjoy ... Aloha.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:18:54 PM by Doug »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2017, 06:12:29 AM »
Thank you, Doug.   8)   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »
I forgot to thank Steve for his help. He made us two new lighthouse "masts" got us the dobermans for Magnum PI, special lighting that makes the lighthouses blink, and several other things. Thank you Steve!

Doug