Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 79106 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2017, 08:30:38 PM »
Page Update and NOTAM of Change

OK, we are "simplifying" the Escape from Misty Moorings Page.  Here now are the "parts"

Intro (Aloha)
Installation
Part 1 Doug's Hawaii
Part 2 Brad's Hawaii
Part 3 Hawaii Tours
Waypoint Table

Notice that the "Doug's Hawaii WayPoints" has changed and now has become "Hawaii Tours" ... you need to DELETE the old Doug's Hawaii WayPoints out of your sim's scenery library and add the new "Hawaii Tours".  Sorry for the inconvenience, but not that the page has developed, this makes sense for the future. The WayPoints table is now at the bottom.

Use the Page Index to quickly go where you want to on this rather large page. At the bottom of all tables you go to, you will have a choice to go to the PAGE INDEX at the top of the page, or if you are in Hawaii Tours, at the bottom of those tables, you can either go to the PAGE INDEX or to the the TOUR index.  So you can use these to quickly jump anywhere on the page.

I'm now going to begin work on Hawaii (The Big Island), that now is labeled as "Under Construction".  I'm also going to be adding (fictional) helipads to many of these so the helo people can have some fun with it too. I'm also going to be adding the major light houses and towers on the coast lines. Steve is making us a special object we can use that will make these "flash" so you can fly them at night too.

I'm not "updating" the original "Doug's Hawaii" ... only the "Doug's Hawaii for Pilots".   We will eventually delete the original Doug's Hawaii. So if you don't have the PhotoReal Plus ... drop Javier a donation and get it, you will NOT be disappointed. The installation is difficult with 3 patches that must be followed TO THE LETTER. And several of us have been through this and we can help you here on the forum.

This whole package is extra effort ... for us, and for you. But the result, if you haven't seen it yet, is truly breath-taking.

Doug
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:32:28 PM by Doug »

Handie

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2017, 06:51:56 AM »
Hello,

There is the same Way Point: HI077 for Kahoolawe Island - US Coast Guard Reservation (Maui) and Club Lanai (Lanai).

Thanks for your great work to Hawaii  :)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
Yes, fixed it. Thank you!  Since I'm making multiple changes in a day, I'm going to start putting a GMT time stamp on the update date area for these. I also put a little GMT time converter in the 2nd notam for the installation table.

Keep an eye out for anything you see that is 'off' ... we are still 'beta" on this page ... lots of stuff going on.

Thanks again
Doug
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:29:01 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
OK, Hawaii Tours is all up to date. Finished Hawaii (Big Island) this afternoon with all waypoints.  All of the islands now have the basics. We may add more to the Hawaii Tours as we find things, but this should be enough to keep people busy! :-)

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2017, 07:53:37 AM »
Wow lottsa work Doug. Latest is all in and loaded up.. A C185 amphibian just might do the trick in this new scenic vacation location.

Nice job.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
I'm going after the lighthouses and waterfalls next.  Check Akaka Falls. I found the trick to putting in the vertical falls without putting boulders at the top. The waterfall object is vertical only. The terrain at a site is usually slanted. So the top of the waterfall is away from the spillover point...there is a gap. In the past, I put boulder objects at the top to fill that gap. But I discovered if I put a flatten at the base of the waterfall's pool, use that lower altitude and, from top down, move the edge of the polygon right under the falls, I get a sheer cliff. Straight down drop, then move the waterfall object against that new cliff and adjust its height, it looks like the water is flowing over the edge...no boulders. My first one is Akaka.

But some of the mist beautiful falls in Hawaii are not vertical. They are slanted running down the side of a mountain. I cannot fix those falls, there's no slanted waterfall object.  But if you see a nearly vertical-drop falls somewhere, let me know and I'll add it.

Off to the lighthouses.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Visted Akaka Falls yesterday and for some reason from a distance the falls are showing as a vertical white shaft sticking up out of the canyon.  As I fly closer the shaft drops down into the correct position.  Haven't quite figured out why this happens.

Shot #1 approaching the falls.
Shot #2 point at which the falls drop down into the canyon and appear normal.

8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
It is a strange object and tough to work with. It will do funny things now and then. Nothing you are doing wrong.  Did you ever notice when flying toward something in the distance the terrain "changes" a little, sort of "adjusts"?  That's what's happening and as the terrain gets more finely tuned as you get closer, things settle down to what they should be.

Doug
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:25:17 AM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
Kind of my thoughts too.  Nothing to lose sleep over just another FSX anomaly.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »
Got another small correction.
On Waikoloa Resort Tour info:

This is a fascinating area to fly over with PhotoReal Hawaii Plus. The development of this resort area is beautiful. Notice the arcitecture of the hotels. Recommended flight level 1000 feet.

Position: N19 55.6517 ... N19 55.6517
Way Point: HI092

Long. is incorrect.
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »
Fixed it, thank you.

Spent the day working on the waterfalls at Halawa Valley. Using the new method. One of them was making a column high in the sky at distance (as Spud pointed out), That one had to be fixed by moving the waterfall away from the edge of the flatten and putting a "rock" at the top of it to close the gap. When the terrain "moves" or "adjusts" as you move toward or away from an area, if you have something right on the "edge" ... it can be changed significantly.  I'll work on the Akaka falls next.

This is very time-consuming, but interesting.

UPDATE: just adjusted Akaka Falls ... the column (at distance) is gone.

Doug

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:51:58 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2017, 04:18:31 PM »
Hey Doug,

The fall work looks great....almost wish I flew in Hawaii....almost..... :-\

Rod

Doug

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »
Hey Rod, come join us. Just grab the Hawaii PhotoReal Plus (with a little donation) and put her in. When the engine oil turns to molasses, come on down and warm it up!

Doug

scanham

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
What is the link to download Doug's Hawaii?

Sorry,  I did look.
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

Doug

« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:31 PM »
http://return.mistymoorings.com/efmm/index.php

There you go. I need to put a bigger link in the home page. If any questions, just ask.

Doug