Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 78937 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »

....... Putting in Kawaii right now from "lockonfiles.com" ...
Doug

Hey Doug,

I think "kawaii" refers to a quality of "cuteness in Japanese culture.  Think you probably meant  "Kauai" the Hawaiian island.  Since you have been to Hawaii so often, I am guessing that spell checker might have got ya!   ;D

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 04:43:02 PM »
There's about a dozen ways to spell all those...the missionaries used dif spell checkers I think?? :-)

D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 05:05:42 PM »
:)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »
When your 'wiggleing' and shaking' doing the Hula is hard to spell and chew gum at the same time.
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »
 8)  I thought that was the Hokey Pokey ?  Just downloaded The_Hawaiian_Island_Kauai-Ironhand thanks for the clue where to find it. So far I'm not seeing elevation anomalies.
 LOL
 Sue

Doug

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »
You will if you have the FTX free airplane pack, otherwise it is ok.

Doug

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »
You put your right foot in...I do have the FTX Freeware Pack, but haven't grabbed the Doug's Hawaii package as of yet. Is there a fix, like maybe an AEC correction in the FTX Configuration tool?

jsapair
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »
Update on Doug's Hawaii PhotoReal Plus for PILOTs FTX Compat Mesh

The new package is ready.  This is for people who have the PILOTs FTX Compat Mesh. You can download the new zip file at the Escape from Misty Moorings page. (Be sure to turn off the previous Doug's Hawaii if you had it loaded).

I've added Nawiliwili (Kauai). This is the port the cruise ships come into at Nawiliwili. There is fuel at the Misty's pier and at the Brad's BBQ pier.  The way point is HI013.

Enjoy
Doug

Update: 0700 EST 03.17.2017 -  There were some large waves/water climbing the cliffs on the airport side of the channel coming into Nawiliwili. I did a flatten for most of the area and fixed that problem. Also put night lighting into the dock areas.

If anyone is using PhotoReal Plus Hawaii and has the Ultimate Mesh, I'd be interested to see how it looks. What I found was the problems I was encountering were mostly handled with a flatten for that area. So I'm betting most of these will look fine regardless of mesh. The only one in real doubt is Kaumalapau Port, Lana'i This is an interesting place because the "land" flows down onto the dock area (this really happens), So there is some mesh involved in that structure which could alter this location. The others should be fine.

We had some major elevation issues at Hana. I was trying to put flat land under the flying hotels that are showing on the mountain there. I did an "exclude autogen" and got rid of the hotels, then took the mountain back to its original shape. Also did a 78 point "AB Flatten" to bring the water down off the shoreline. So this are too, may now work for all mesh kinds.

Let us know what you see.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:00:31 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
Twitch Video for Nawiliwili (Kauai)

Here is a video on TWITCH that depicts a landing at Nawiliwili and a slew look-around at the scenery I put in there. The base scenery is LockOnFiles.com's Kauai.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129514297

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
Twitch Video for Nawiliwili (Kauai)

Here is a video on TWITCH that depicts a landing at Nawiliwili and a slew look-around at the scenery I put in there. The base scenery is LockOnFiles.com's Kauai.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129514297

Doug

Hi Doug,
     The video doesn't play for me.  It says "Media resource not supported" or something like that.  Is it just me?  Also it freezes up my browser (Chrome).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:33:51 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Works just fine for me. Chrome also.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »
Working here OK, Jeff.  I had that happen a week ago, next time I tried it, it worked. (Maybe they got the name "Twitch" correct? :-)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
Google is my friend.  I found out that clearing my browser cache fixed the problem.  I am watching the video now.  Looks great so far, but video replay is choppy as twitch tries to deliver to my system.  Such is my life on Frontier Communications + Twitch.  :o   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
 8)  wow, nice video, got to get this one too. Loving the get away to Hawaii !
 Thanks
 Sue

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »
The video in slew keeps playing for me. The audio gets chopped off ...but I get the gist of it. Nice job on the demo.

When you mentioned a dangerous place to swim, my kids were in Kauai and they emailed me and said they just went for a midnight ocean swim. YOU WHAT???? That's when the sharks come into shore to feed on bait fish, you dummies!!!!

jsapair
Jsapair