Author Topic: Doug's Hawaii  (Read 78813 times)

Rangerick

Doug's Hawaii
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »
I don't have "Global/Vector". 

Is it really necessary for "Doug's Hawaii" ?   

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »
I don't think so. Give it a try, (Its free).  I just say that because that is one of the things I have in there. The PhotoReal Hawaii should "overwrite" the Vector.  Let us know.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
Ranger Rick,
there shouldn't be any problem with the scenery without VECTOR installed as it is supposed to be placed, like all RTMM Scenry, in your Scenery Library 'above' any FTX scenery which is done so FTX/ORBX scenery will not 'interfere' with the Doug's Hawaii scenery.
Other than the time it takes to D/L and install then check it out in the sim you lose nothing if it didn't work.  That's what is so neat about "FREEWARE".
Possible altered shorelines without VECTOR intstalled could be one item but as its higher in priority in the Scenery Libaray that should not be a problem either.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Rangerick

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
I don't have either "Global" or "Vector"

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »
Hi Rick,
     You will just have the default FSX P3D Hawaii ground textures, shorelines, and road systems.  You'll have to just check it out to see if anything is awry with Doug's scenery locations.   :o  I use the Hawaii Photoreal package, so I am not affected by either Global or Vector, I think.  But I also can't tell you what it looks like in default FSX P3D configuration.  Take some screenshots and let us know.   ;)   ???   :-\   8)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:12:05 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Rangerick

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »
I'm going to give it try and see how it works with default P3D textures + I'll let you know.

Doug

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »
We'd really appreciate any feedback you have. Thank you!!

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 07:43:25 AM »
This is the link to the photoreal Hawaii files that are excellent addons to FSX.  The downloads are for both FSX and P3D according to the author's page.

http://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads/

I have no idea if the P3D is for the latest version from Lockheed Martin as that seems to change on a monthly cycle.  I adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle personally as I still do not see enough 'improvement' vis a vis FSX/P3D to encourage the complete turmoil switching seems to require.
Linked to the new FTX Central v3 ORBX Direct debacale now being foisted on everybody I'm not going to 'break' what is working.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Rangerick

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 07:48:44 AM »
Downloaded all the 'Plus' scenery packs last night, ("The new mesh used for Hawaii PhotoReal Plus is now built into the "Plus" package"). but when I went to install them it's asking for a "Password" ? 

I'm assuming that you get a "Password" if/when you provide them with a "donation" (min. 9 euros).

Doug

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 07:49:54 AM »
Yes, that is how it works.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 01:18:51 PM »
I'll take Doug's word for it as I have the NON Plus version of the software and everything works with Doug's Hwaii scenery and that version.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »
I'd like to ask about Doug's Hawaii addon's.

I haven't got started on this project yet. I'm still an FSX user and I do have the ORBX Global and Vector.

I did go to the Photo Real Scenery Hawaii main page, and had a look. The only thing I downloaded out of there main page was the Hawaiian Airports packs. Parts I,II and III. Will these airports work without adding all the Hawaiian mesh requirements, since I already have the ORBX Global and Vector?. Than I'll want to add all of Doug's small addon fields, like I do with all the RTMM addon's I already have.

For me. It boils down to. Will the Doug's small added fields work well with my ORBX Global and Vector I already have?.
I did download the single zip file, that has all the added fields seen on the main RTMM page, rather than download them one at a time, when I click on Doug's Hawaii.

I just don't want to be fooling with mesh addons, when I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to ruin a good thing I already have with ORBX Global and Vector. I want to keep it simple for now.

GrayRider

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:39:17 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Penzoil3

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 04:50:40 PM »
http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2648

8)

This is the mesh designed to go with your OrbX products. This mesh is the one used by the OrbX team, when they design scenery.It will greatly enhance the look of your sim, and it's on sale for half price.
 Sue

Doug

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 07:23:12 PM »
You will find the "Doug's Hawaii" locations to be located basically away from the Hawaii airports. I'm literally along the shore on every location. And this is for a reason, there are actually 3 excellent Hawaiian airport packages and if I jumped into that mix, it wouldn't be pretty, it is confusing enough. So all of the Doug's Hawaii addons are located along the shore, not on land and not near interfering other locations. The only exception to this is the SPB at PHNL. There can be a conflict there depending upon which airport package you are using. But all you need to do is go in and "turn off" the bgl for Doug's Hawaii PHNL SPB (change "bgl" to "off"). Of course the location disappears, but there are many others to enjoy.

I've basically built these for my own pleasure. After all the snow and ice in our "home" area of Alaska, once in a while, I need a palm tree and sunshine!  Mostly when I fly there, I fly the Misty Goose and land on the water. All of the locations have piers for water landings (and helipads for the strange fliers that don't use wings!). If I'm in Hawaii and not in the Goose, I'm in a DeltaSim boat going from place to place, just sitting back, watching the water, cool drink in hand, Autopilot heading set and a good book in my lap. There are way points for each location for your GPS.  Don't forget to try a nice long boat trip. I've been to many of these ports on a Cruise Ship and have tried to make them as exact as I can based on the real thing.

Because I was enjoying this "Escape from Misty Moorings" so much, I thought it would be fun to share it with anyone else among us that needed a little sunshine.  After a lot of work at RTMM, helping build pipelines, dispatches, cabin locations, power plants and whatever, when I feel the burnout coming. I jump in my 787 Dreamliner and take off from Stevens' International at Anchorage PANC and fly direct to PHOG or PHNL (Maui or Honolulu). I play there a couple of weeks, then fly back to Anchorage and go back on the clock.

The "mesh" that is built into Hawaii PhotoReal Plus now is all you need.  When the new "Plus" came out, I had to go in and re-do many of the locations because the mesh changed things. I think I've got all of them in good working order as of now.  If you are adding new airports, or different meshes, you are beyond my intent for this package, and the risk is yours. I would love to hear your experience, but I won't be spending any time "fixing" it up for future meshes, etc.  I'm also purposely not using any of the RTMM team resources ... this is just a personal package from me that I'm sharing with you.  It is good medicine for cold weather, then you can Return to Misty Moorings!

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 05:27:31 AM »
My contribution to "Hawaii Photoreal Scenery" (by Javier Trinidad)

Visiting the Hawaiian Islands having Orbx Global Base, Vector and openLC North America installed you get a really nice scenery but it's not the authentic landscape structure.

Basically I'm not a friend of photoreal sceneries but in this case it's really an exception.
Javier Trinidad (and team) designed a gorgeous Hawaiian Islands world. I've never been there in real life but I can compare from many pictures and videos.
I expressly recommend his scenery especially the  "Plus Version" which is a donation software and worth every dollar that is spend to get this outstanding work.
The complete downloads including George Keogh's "Hawaiian Airports Parts 1, 2 and 3"  have a great volume. Additonally it's highly important to read and follow the descriptions of Patches 1 and 3 exactly step by step.(RTFM)  Otherwise you won't have fun with the scenery.
The Hawaiian scenery is in permanent processing, updates are provided from time to time. Some small airstrips - coded HIxx - need to be reworked.
Additonally Doug's small Hawaii sceneries are wonderful secret retreats. 

Overall - a must have to "Escape from RTMM" from time to time.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals