Author Topic: SAK Sea Plane and Juneau Harbor's animated hangar?  (Read 10722 times)

bawheeler

Re: SAK Sea Plane and Juneau Harbor's animated hangar?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »
Maybe I should not expect too much more from my FSX... Above ulani says "What bawheeler is seeing is correct (other than his mesh problem.)"  So I was just trying to be responsive to that and hoping my sim would look more like some of those P3D screenshots I have seen!
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/jeff3163/MOON/Flight%20Simulator%20X%20Files/2016/Juneau%20where%20I%20was.png~original

That said, my scenery seems to look pretty similar to what jsapair posted above.

Part of my challenge here is playing catch up.  I was an active flyer 5+ years ago shortly after Snow Dog Tours was first released, then I stopped cold.  So I have been adding and tweaking that same system to try and take advantage of all the enhancements over the period.  Certainly, all the RTMM scenery and ORBX are amazing additions and I am plowing through the flight plans and bagging as many USFS cabins as time permits (17 so far in the past couple weeks). What else can I do to make it "as real as it gets?"  That is the quest... Thanks, Brian
MFC0074 -- MSFS on a Dell Alienware Aurora R7, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo flight controls, CH Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:35 PM »
Hi Brian,
     The picture you referenced is payware Juneau, which includes the photoreal ground imagery below me. 
(You need to include the bracketed image codes  for the pictures to display.) ;)

Here is my 5Z1 dock.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 01:19:58 AM »
Here's how I see things. FSXDX10.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

bawheeler

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
Ok, I have a few comparison shots from the same location as ualani for your critique... is it just winter that looks so bad? This is FSX with DirectX10 preview enabled.  I do see I have the black boxes appearing, so I am going to turn off DirectX10 preview and take the pictures again.  I have DirectX 11 if it matters and have not yet installed Steve's DX10 Scenery fixer. Brian
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:15:05 PM by bawheeler »
MFC0074 -- MSFS on a Dell Alienware Aurora R7, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo flight controls, CH Pedals

bawheeler

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
Here are the same images after turning off DirectX10 Preview (no more black boxes).  Anything I should be doing differently that can be detected by the above?  Thanks for your guidance.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »
bawheeler. Get thee to the Steve's DX10 Fixer, like, yesterday, if not sooner, even if you have to steal it. An absolute 'must have' for DX10. No joke. It's the game changer for DX10. Planes, water, reflections, lights...you gotta have it for DX 10. Get the Fixer and go back to DX10. You'll be truly amazed at the difference.

jsapair
Jsapair

bawheeler

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 09:55:59 PM »
Sounds like a plan, and it doesn't matter that I have DX 11 installed in Windows 7?

bawheeler

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 12:15:20 AM »
And now... with Steve's DX Fixer in place!  Maybe this is getting better?  I'll take it for a test flight tomorrow.

jsapair

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »
What GPU are you using? Most all of them are backwards compatible. FSX will not utilize any DX11 but will use any DX10 from it that it was programmed for. Have you seen the Steve's Fixer "How To Guide"? A wealth of info on setting up your GPU for DX10. Here's a link. You can also get it from AVSIM or Sim Outhouse, but these guys supposedly always have the latest version.

www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=DX10_HowTo.pdf

jsapair

(If we're going to continue to discuss DX10 we should probably move it over to the DX10 discussion area so we don't get chided by the moderators  :)

Jsapair

bawheeler

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
I agree, time to get back to flying now that we have figured out there is no longer an animated hangar in Juneau Harbor  8)

As to GPU...
My current hardware setup for FSX
PC: Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel i7 CPU 870 @2.93 GHz
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series w/ dual monitors

This morning's snapshot from Sewall Lodge

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
Just a note, if you do not want to purchase Steve's "fixer" there is a freeware alternative.
On AVSM the file name is:

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

Seems to work OK but noticed with it active and in DX10 Preview mode of FSX flying the Maule there are no NAV lights or rotating beacon working.?
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »
Spud,
This isn't really a freeware alternative. That's Steve Parson's an early version of his last freeware shaders version before the release of his commercial DX10 Fixer. As you noticed it has many of the kind of problems that you describe and they have been largely addressed as the DX10 Fixer has evolved over the past 4 years. Think of it as an incomplete mini version of the real McCoy, and things have come a very long way with it since then. He still updates it upon occasion.

He recently released has a companion program that displays cloud ground shadows that he's also updating on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:31:42 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »
Wait a second...did I hear see that right? Spud ventured into DX10 land? Let the church bells ring and huzzahs from the unwashed masses. Sister Teresa just sat up and blinked her eyes, knowing a true miracle when she sees one!

jsapair
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
I have been known to 'peek' every now and then at the 'bastard' version of FSX  ::) as in this case to replicate the problem if I could.  Prompted me to grab the freefixer to accomplish that but ...... the checkbox is again empty.  ;D  So my FSX ain't 'broke' anymore.  :P
Judging by the time it took me to move to FSX from FS9 I still got a few years left in the unfinished simulation now abandoned by MicroShaft.  :)
 8)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:25:30 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
You can fix it with the DX10 Fixer  :)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support