Author Topic: Missing Cambria Ice Fields Area  (Read 3540 times)

PeterW

Missing Cambria Ice Fields Area
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:42:56 PM »

One additional problem, I installed the Cambria Ice Fields 40-49 into my Mistys Place Scenery in the FSAddon folder.  When I try to when I tried to complete the addon I got an error message:   could not find Area.143 in local scenery and then the sim path on my computer.

Am I missing something?

Peter
Peter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Missing Cambria Ice Fields Area
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »
That type of message is the result of deleting or moving a scenery file on your HDD without unticking or removing it from your scenery library first. One way to fix it is to try moving it back to the location on you HDD that you originally had it in and then untick it in your scenery library. Move it back to where you want it to reside on your HDD and then add it back to your scenery library.

Unbreakable rule of thumb. ALWAYS remove scenery areas from your scenery library before moving or deleting it from your HDD.

The Scenery Configuration Editor tool (it's free) can easily identify and repair such errors without even having to run your simulator. http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

PeterW

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »
I got the program designated.  I have note removed any scenery files as this is all new installation.  It happens with every Cambria Ice Field location I try.  After unzipping the downloads of each station in to individual folders I read the instructions and copied each scenery folder to the addon's directory in the simulator.

I don't know what I have missed.
Peter

PeterW

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 03:53:53 PM »
I made a mistake in what I copied.  All this because of not understanding it well enough.  Problem fixed.  Thank you.
Peter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
Glad you figured it out!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support