Author Topic: Re installing RTMM  (Read 6227 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Re installing RTMM
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »
Marcel, one way to utilize the SCE to improve load times, or so I've been told, is to make different profiles. For instance, if you are going to fly SAK, make a profile with all unrelated scenery areas de-activated. If you're going to be flying RTMM, de-activate everything except RTMM and the pertaining full-FAT region and save it as a profile, etc. Haven't actually tried it myself, but it makes sense.

My load times...like you mentioned, would hang at about %70 and take maybe 4-5 minutes to complete. My solution was to install a SSD after my HDD crashed. All the difference in the world. Load times are reduced to seconds instead of minutes. I was amazed at the difference. Brad and others recommended the SSD solution and they were right.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
There is an option in one of the menus to renumber the scenery file. Run that and it will speed up load time some by cleaning up your file. Do a backup first in case of error.

I'd be real leery of doing that one.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:17 AM »
Done it many times. It just takes your scenery and renumbers not reorders. Then scenery area number will match layer number.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 12:07:31 PM »
Is the speed gain noticeable?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
You can tweak, perk, change, modify, prey or cuss.  FSX is designed to load all the scenery on startup and unless you disable scenery your not going to use for that flight you may as well as get a nice soft chair cause' your butt is gonna wait on the sim!  :-[ :-*
 8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
Is the speed gain noticeable?

I guess the speed gain is in the eye of the beholder. If you are damn slow, then maybe only slow. I can tell you this, I have 476 items in my scenery library. Freeware and payware mixed. My load time is not fast, but it isn't slow either. I do not disable any scenery.

Back up your file and try it. Nothing to lose.

BTW, I am now using P3D.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:18:22 PM by BBQSteve »

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
Spud is right. Changing the order of loading will make no difference whatsoever. Anything activated in the scenery library will load B4 the sim starts, no matter what the order is. That's the way it's designed to work. Deactivating is the only way to prevent the loading of any particular scenery. That's a non-negotiable fact.

jsapair
Jsapair