Author Topic: Pipeline breaks  (Read 6596 times)

olderndirt

Re: Pipeline breaks
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 12:23:53 PM »
Thanks for that straightforward reply - no ifs, ands or buts.  I'll just look the other way when I see a break.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:21 PM »
Brad no need to pull just that a caution that 3rd part mesh may affect the pipeline sections to appear out of alignment as far as their consistent elevation is concerned from PAGK northward.

(As soon as I pulled my 3rd party mesh), Richardson pipes were perfect.. well I have run from PAGK up to Scotts so far and so far perfect (with no 3rd party mesh in the way). I am in my aircraft right now to depart Scotts and head northward over top the pipeline and will report back asap.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:23 PM »
Just to confirm that the FTX Compatable 2010 PILOTS MESH will NOT cause any pipeline breaks from PAVD to PAFA.
FWIW PILOTS put out an e-mail to people who purchased the PILOTS Compatable MESH from the FSS offering a discount on their 'ULTIMATE' MESH that has an update.  I do not know for sure but I think this 'ULTIMATE' version will cause joint mis-alignments just as their older 'ULTIMATE' MESH did.
 8)
Later,

Spud

olderndirt

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »
I just emailed Stefan at "Pilots", explaining the situation and asking if had any ideas.  We'll see.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »
I just emailed Stefan at "Pilots", explaining the situation and asking if had any ideas.  We'll see.

Thanks.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »
Brad ... let me know when/how you want to change the readme for Richardson.
D

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 11:03:52 AM »
Check your inbox.

BBQSteve

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »
Just a question for recent developers. Last time I did scenery was for FS98 so I was wondering why there would not be an attribute for altitude where an object could be placed and have it inherit the mesh altitude thus conforming to any and all mesh?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Things have come a long way since FS98. I'm not even sure that there even was any mesh products for FS98. I haven't used FS98 in over 15 years so my memory might be wrong. Anyway the object placement tools and various mesh products don't compensate for each other. The placement coding that is generated by the placement tools are relative to the terrain altitude upon which the objects are placed. In other words, impossible do what you are asking.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:45:23 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »
Just a question for recent developers. Last time I did scenery was for FS98 so I was wondering why there would not be an attribute for altitude where an object could be placed and have it inherit the mesh altitude thus conforming to any and all mesh?

Hi BBQSteve,

Kind of what Steve said....however, you actually made two separate statements. The first one was about an altitude attribute.  All separate object placement files have object altitude attributes even if generated by a tool like Instant Scenery.  However,  that attribute is fixed.  If the mesh changes the altitude of the object does not.  The 2nd point you made focused on an object inheriting the mesh altitude so that it would literally change its relative altitude as the mesh changed.   It is possible that you are thinking of autogen objects which do cling to whatever mesh is introduced.  Since a great number of the objects in FSX/P3D are autogen you see this happen in many locations. 

The specific scenes that mostly make up RTMM's scenery files are hand placed individual objects, since autogen cannot be placed with exact precision.   It is however good to use autogen to depict numerous trees and buildings over a large area where there is no need to highly detail an exact scene.  Then the lower frame rate of autogen is quite helpful. 

Hope this helps.

Rod