Author Topic: BWEP: Richardson Highway is Released!!  (Read 7173 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: BWEP: Richardson Highway is Released!!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »
lol.. just too funny!. (Maybe will just try to avoid platforms with the avatar in an effort to avoid any invisible gaps on the platforms floors and those trap doors !)

Sue's poor avatar now in double casts as a result of two broken legs!! Way to go sue for strolling way too close to the edge!!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »
Sue ... What was really screwy early on, I'd put in a piece of scenery with a helipad and then use it as a start point for my plane (I couldn't land a helo on it if it was a mile square). So I'd "start" my Beaver at the helipad. And wind up on the ground under it.  Then Steve started teaching me about hard surfaces.

We have a lot of fun making these things and learning most of it the hard way by doing things like the above. Thank heavens we've got people on the team that understand all this.

For instance ... if you resize an object, that doesn't resize the hard surface ... so if you make the object smaller, you'll "land" above it. Make it bigger and you'll crash through. I had resized a bunch of helipads and the heli guys were going nuts. So I put on my virtual hard hat every time I'm doing virtual construction ... there always to be a surprise for folks like me.

Doug

Penzoil3

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »
 8)
 Not complaining, thought it was funny really.
 LOL
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
Shame on you for forgetting that!  We need an OSHA Czar for the site I think! :-)

All kidding aside, this shows just how real our "virtual" reality is getting. We step out of our aircraft and walk around ... and we fall off an edge of something tall?  That's the real world, and its pretty neat!

Doug

Whew! that's a relief cause' scissor bill lawyers are 'spensive'!   ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:31 AM »
 8)
 The fun part was gettimg back in the helicopter. I had to stand directly under it and do the cntrl-shift-E.  I did NOT fall off the edge guys. I fell through the deck as I walked through the gate in the fence ! Shouldna put a gate there, shouldna, hada, oughta...
 LOL
  Sue

RCFlyer

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »
Does the executive airport have a helipad?  Using the "goto airport" function of P3d I don't see a helipad location to spon into?

Danny

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:13 PM »
Not sure which airport your calling the "Excutive Airport" ICAO code would be helpful.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
If you're talking about the helipad on the roof of the BWEP Corporate Headquarters Building at PF58, there isn't an ICAO code for it so it won't show up in the goto list.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
If you're talking about the helipad on the roof of the BWEP Corporate Headquarters Building at PF58, there isn't an ICAO code for it so it won't show up in the goto list.

Steve

The helopad on the roof of the BWEP headquarters building is great fun landing on it.....I love it! Thank you Steve.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
Thanks Klaus. Have you seen it at night? Those night textures and light pools took a LONG time to create. I also made those gas flare flame effects across the street at the refinery. They look great at night as well.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »
Yes, the Night lighting you did is really awesome!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

RCFlyer

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  And, yes, I was referring to the executive building area.  I did land on it this evening.  The night lighting is really good.

It would seem that the airport at PF58 would have a helipad.  Particularly, considering that a good amount of air travel along the pipeline is by helicopter.  Perhaps one could be added at a later date.

Really enjoying the BWEP stuff.

Regards,

Danny