Author Topic: Some object textures not showing  (Read 7344 times)

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Some object textures not showing
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
After I installed all of the object libraries, I flew from Misty's Place to Herring Bay Cannery. The area is very nice, but some of the textures are not showing appearing on the scenery objects :(. I might have installed the scenery libraries wrong or something along those lines. Any help/suggestions are appreciated. I am very close to getting up and running on RTMM.

Picture 1: Taxiing into herring bay cannery, looks like a restaurant

Picture 2: Doc at Misty's Place, just across from the tavern

Picture 3: Flags at Misty's Place

Picture 4: My scenery object tester

Thank You,
                                                                       Ryan

PS: If you need coordinates or clearer pictures, I can get those.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:34:12 AM by ryapad »
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Penzoil3

Re: Some object textures not showing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »
http://return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/
Scroll down to the "Scenery Objects Tester" section. It will tell you exactly which libraries are missing.
Sue
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:35:06 AM by Penzoil3 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
If you're missing just the textures you have the objects. Missing textures is almost always a case of having a duplicate object library somewhere on your system. This problem crops up all the time and is a source of confusion. Someday we should post the issue and solution on the FAQ page. Make sure that you don't have a non-RTMM EZ-Scenery or RW12 library hanging around somewhere and activated.

Read this thread.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=2855.msg24158#msg24158

Look at this thread. It appears that you had this problem in the past and I think you fixed it.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3170.msg27054#msg27054
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 05:14:42 PM »
     I spent a ton of time moving the libraries round, but it didn't seem to work. Does anyone know what the objects are, so they can get the attached textures that I could find in my textures library? I did find some ez-scenery textures, but removing them had no effect.

Thanks for helping,
                                            Ryan

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »
Did you delete all non-RTMM EZ-Scenery libraries, including their textures, from your system? Did you read the threads I linked to above? You're problem is duplicate textures that are in non-RTMM libraries and RTM libraries. Post back when you're sure you have no duplicates anywhere. Also, make absolutely sure you've properly installed each and every RTMM library.It can be a daunting task. This is where we have to start in order to isolate your issues.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:09:28 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
From your screen shot of the Scenery Testor its obvious you are missing libraries.   Here is a screen shot of the testor with all Libraries installed.
In total there are 9 Libraries including the Alaska Power Project, Blue Wave Energy Project.  Screenshot of my Libraries. NOTE: I have modified the names slightly to fit the way I keep track of RTMM files.

8)
(click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:12:54 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
Do as Spud says and download everything and don't forget to download the Medical Temp library as well.

When you have the basic object showing as black it means that the object library is present on your system but there are texture conflicts.

The missing Misty's flag textures are from FSXP3D ez-flag2.bgl, ez_flags.bgl, ez-flag3.bgl
The dock comes from FSXP3D docks ss.bgl
The light post next to the dock comes from FSXP3D lights ss1.bgl

Look for the following textures by doing a Windows file search.

LFGLD.DDS
LFSTEEL.DDS
WALES3-5.DDS
WALES3-R.DDS
USFLAG.DDS
USFLAGR.DDS
US-AK2-3.DDS
US-AK2-R.DDS
POW1-2.DDS
POW1-2R.DDS
PLANKS.DDS
LIGHT HEAD ZINK.DDS
LIGHT HEAD ZINC_LM.DDS
WOOD-1.DDS
ZINC.DDS

If you don't have any of these textures then you need to re-download and install the RTMM libraries, paying close attention to all of the installation instructions.

If you have more than one of each texture on your system then you need to delete the object library, along with textures, that contains them. Note that the file extension of a duplicate may be .bmp rather than .dds. Delete it as it definitely indicates an old library that's been superseded by the RTMM libraries.

Let me know what you discover.

Steve

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »
I searched for those textures in the main FSX folder, but none of them showed up. Some other textures showed up with the same keywords, but none of those exact textures appeared. I bet I messed up a library installation. Also, for the Medical TEMP library, can I un-install that when im done, so there wont be crashed airplanes laying around when I fly?

Thanks,
                                                                                      Ryan         

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »
Hi Ryan,
If you installed the libraries correctly you shouldn't have found any textures from the RTMM libraries in the main FSX folder. They should all be in the individual folders within the various libraries themselves. Use the Windows search function to look for them instead of manually hunting them down.

Yes, you can uninstall the Medical Temp library (or any other library for that matter) anytime you want to. Make sure you uncheck it in your FSX scenery library BEFORE you delete it from your hard drive if that's your plan. Otherwise you will get an error message when you start FSX the next time.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »
Actually now need to uninstall the library, just uncheck it in the Scnery Library and its deactivated.  Or simply run the RTMM Medical Dispatch Selector and move all the Dispatch Activities to the "INACTIVE" column.  That way the scenery for them is not showing.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »
I searched for those textures in the ez libraries folder that I downloaded, and found them. I then looked on the ez libraries that were in the add on scenery folder and activated, and a search for them came up with no results. So, they probably copied wrong.

Ryan

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! It fixed it! Sorry about that. I cant wait to start flying in RTMM!

At first I thought that was a chicken leg!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:51:58 PM by ryapad »

Penzoil3

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 10:20:10 PM »
 8) Hmm, something fishy there !
Glad you got it sorted. Been there, I went through that with Waterfall.  The guys got me sorted on that one.
 LOL
 Sue

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 11:29:46 PM »
Cool, Ryan. Sounds like you are on the right track. Your Scenery Tester checks out OK now? Once that checks out you are good to go.

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 01:02:35 AM »
At first I thought that was a chicken leg!

;D  LOL   :P  ... mmm, chicken!   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 09:32:17 AM »
Yippee, Ryan. Installing the libraries can be a very daunting and somewhat confusing task and following the installation instructions carefully and installing in the proper folders is a must. If the recommended methods are followed then troubleshooting problems will be much easier. Just read through the instructions several times before installing things and then take things one small step at a time. Keep in mind that not all scenery or library installations are the same. Good liuck!

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support