Author Topic: ORBX Payware PAVD Fuel  (Read 8157 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
ORBX Payware PAVD Fuel
« on: December 27, 2016, 11:46:40 PM »
Has anyone found a fuel dock there? I sure don't see one. Clicked on all the fuel trucks, etc., but no joy and no pump. If you've found fuel there please post a pic of its location.

jsapair
Jsapair

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: ORBX Payware PAVD Fuel
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:35:17 AM »
Hi JISPAIR, I'm sorry ! you only need .... electric energie  ;)

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:53:49 AM »
Jsapair...got it on my action needed list for when I get back.  I don't have the payware, so didn't notice it.

We need fuel there for sure.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »
Aye.. PAVD definitely a "Dry" town right now!!... (for gas!). (They have lots of bourbon!)

Took a walk over to the ERA office.. they are out of fuel and their hose is also broken.. (Due to bad weather last week and now the Christmas break, no gazzzz deliveries! (And that busted hose!.. they need a new one) (But that hose is an easy fix!.. I had a new one in the back of my Caravan so gave it to the ERA Ops Manager) for a promise to fill me up. (I'm down to 34 gallons!)

Visited CAP (Civil Air Patrol), no-one there: Airport manager said they all went to Anchorage for Christmas: and they left just before the weather caved in on Valdez!. (Checked their tank.. dry as a bone too!)

Even popped by the Heli Ops office. They have a fuel truck. Figures, it's an empty, waiting to head to Chinta or Copper Centre for gazz as soon as I4 (Richardson) is plowed out! (And their trigger is frozen solid - but nothing that a big blow torch couldn't fix!).

Had a nice chat with the airport Manager.. he is fully aware of the weather issues that are causing the interruption of fuel service. (He had an old newspaper! - as no current ones have been delivered yet due to the storm!). He told me as soon as "Richardson" is cleared through to Valdez and fuel trucks can deliver, then air service will resume normal operations.

He also said that he will try arrange a working fuel trigger installation done by the top Fuel company in the country! "Linn Fuels". They will do it as soon as possible but it may take a bit of time! As the CEO (Doug), who is overseeing the PAVD fuel project personally, is a bit tied up doing some consulting work for ORBX-FTX helping them rectify serious issues in their new main computer systems. (That is way over my head right now so am staying away from those systems for a bit!)

So as far as fuel, fill'er up in Anchorage or Copper Center as right now, as there is no fuel in Valdez!

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!. (But hope you got a grin or two reading the silly narrative!)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:19:38 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 10:45:01 AM »
Am I reading this thread correctly?  ORBX Payware airport PAVD does not have any fuel? 
 8)
Later,

Spud

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
Correct Sir Spud: no gas trigger available at Valdez for fill'er ups and the porta-potty truck is also broken down too so no fuel whatsoever!.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:20:23 AM by nbrich1 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
Glad I'm not a payware airport collector.  Not only does it screw up the Pipeline original scenery I guess they think you can tap the line for fuel??
 8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:22:36 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 04:52:34 PM »
Since nobody else is there, I am sure you could wait until the (probably frozen) airport manager goes inside and "borrow" some fuel from one of the nice local operators...
                                            ;D
                                            Ryan
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
Tap into the line for fuel....hmmm.. thinking..lol..

Crowley just called: they're on their way with a porta-tanker truck full of Jet A and AV 100LL.
(If we need more fuel at Valdez just give them a call at 907-835-4558 and they'll send over another
tanker right away!).

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
What's strange is that PAVD in SAK does have a fueling station all the way at the end of the taxiway.  Guess the guru's at ORBX missed it on the payware.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 02:51:27 AM »
Does seem very odd that they forgot to include fuel. I heard somewhere it was very important for flying...

Ryan
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Penzoil3

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 04:53:22 AM »
 8)
 Absolutely Ryan. It keeps the big fan on the front going. Ask any pilot, when the fan stops, they start sweating !
 LOL
 Sue

Doug

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »
Ok...tell you what, I can use my new StarWars transporter I got for Christmas to put a fuel station at payware PAVD.  You folks tell me exactly where you want it, I'll put in the coordinates and transport it. First, make sure you can give me the coordinates with 4 digit accuracy.

To do this: Go into the Prepar3d.cfg or FSX.cfg files and add this under [MAIN]:

[Main]
FractionalLatLonDigits=4

Restart the sim. Now look at your lat/long, it should give you four digit accuracy.
With slew, put your aircraft where it would be positioned to receive fuel.
Now in top down view, slew your aircraft up till it doesn't show, showing only the red crosshairs
Slew the cross forward to the exact spot where the fuel pump should be.
Note the 4-digit latitude and longitude AND the heading. Email me all three numbers.
I'll put the fuel pump in the new transporter and send it to you.

Talk among yourselves here for the best position. It's a big airport, no problem with two of them. The transporter can handle multiple objects. Remember, I'm back at RTMM central and cannot see what you are seeing. So agree in the coordinates. When I see you agree in the positioning, I'll transport them for you.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »
I would recommend that the fuel box/pumps be located where they are originally in FTX SAK.
The coordinates from FSX w/SAK are:

LAT: N61° 7.9138'
LONG: W146° 14.3136'

These coordinates are where the A/C spawned when using the Goto Airport function of FSX and picking:

PARKING 5 -- FUEL BOX in the Choose runway/starting position: box.

Attached is a screenshot of FSX. (click to enlarge)
Hope it helps.
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
OK, Spud ... Will do.
Watch for the update soon.

Doug