Author Topic: Ai Shipping question  (Read 4696 times)

Jungleace

Ai Shipping question
« on: December 20, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »
HI All,
I finally bought Tongrass and added to FSX. I love what you guys have done here. Thanks. I have the orbx, PNW, PFJ and now Tongrass. I reloaded the RTM Shipping and the FSX shuts down when I try and select a flight in these areas. I do not have SAK.I know that FS9 Ai planes cause problems. I thought I was careful about those. So, will the shipping work without SAK? Or do I have an FS9 flight plan? Is there a way to tell you have an FS9 ai flight file?
Thank you.
Merry Christmas.

Penzoil3

Re: Ai Shipping question
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:40:18 PM »
 8)
 FS9 AI simply causes you to have no FSX AI working. It does not crash the sim. You have another problem if you are getting CTD's in that area. RTMM shipping does not contain anything FS9, anyway.
 Sue

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:04:12 PM »
Hi Jungleace,
     When FSX crashes it should generate an error report.  You can view these reports by calling up the Windows "Event Viewer".  Type "event viewer" (without quotes) into your start button search bar.  On the left pane, open Custom Views and select "Administrative Events".  Look at the ones marked "Error", at the time your sim crashed.  That should tell you the module that was involved in the CTD, or at least give a clue to what happened.  Let me know what you find out, please.  Thanks.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
Get a program (freeware) called AI Flight Planner (version3). It will scan for old AI FP's. Don't have a link to it, sorry, but just Google AIFP3120. Neat little program.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 09:27:50 PM »
There's an entire very comprehensive forum at Avism.com devoted to CTD's. You might find an answer or ask questions there.

http://www.avsim.com/forum/262-crash-to-desktop-ctd-forum/

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Jungleace

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 05:00:27 PM »
Thanks Gentlemen,
I will check on all the info you just gave me. Should keep me busy awhile. Ha Ha
Oh, the reason I thought it was the RTMM aI Traffic was because I uninstalled it all, and now FSX runs great. I will reload the AI traffic file and check out the error message.
Thanks. I really appreciate the great work you have done here. It is really fun.
Brad

LouP

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
Hi Guys,  Just as an FYI, I am having the same issue.  I removed all the AI shipping bagels per instructions for uninstalling the RTMM ai shipping and the CTD went away.  Apparently, there is a conflict somewhere and I really want the ship traffic included in the RTMM ship traffic so I am working on it.  I have the world shipping traffic file from AVSIM (global_ai_ship_traffic_v1.zip) and some other shipping files along with the ai carriers program installed.  I'll let you know what I come up with.

LouP

LouP

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 10:45:55 PM »
Jungle,

Try removing the file named trafficAlaskaMarineTrack_146.bgl from your scenery/world/scenery folder.  That fixed it for me.  I decompiled the file but don't see what could be causing the problem.  It may be a bad model file in the ship it is referencing.

LouP

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:30:39 PM »
Just a reminder for all.  From the AI Shipping 2.0 User Guide: 

DESIGNER NOTES & REQUIRED SCENERY

This freeware scenery enhancement is for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Prepar3D.   This enhancement requires the ORBX "Pacific Northwest" region, the ORBX "Pacific Fjords" region, the ORBX "Southern Alaska" region and the  FSAddon "Tongass Fjords X" region. If you do not have these scenery regions installed this file will not work properly for you.

If you are missing one or more of these regions, depending on the location you are trying to spawn to, you may experience fatal errors.   If you have all the required regions and you are not alerted to any missing models during installation, then you shouldn't have any errors as all tracks work correctly if all of the models have installed correctly.

Rod 

LouP

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:03 PM »
Hi Rod, have it all.  But I am using the Steam version of FSX.  I just noticed today that I was missing a lot of the TF ai even though I have Tongass installed on my FSX Steam set-up so I brought them over from my old boxed fsx install.   I'll try to put that file back in and see what happens tomorrow.

LouP

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
HI LouP,

Steam version of FSX should not be a problem.  If the Tongass FSX installation isn't correct that would be a problem. 

Rod

LouP

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
Hi Rod,

It seemed to install OK scenery wise but I am not sure why I had to manually add the ai ships in.  Also, the file I removed must have been from the test area I was in.  I have since crashed twice in different areas and since removing the RTMM shipping, all is OK.  To bad.  Maybe I can try a reinstall.

LouP

LouP

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »
Re-installed TF and all is good now.  Thanks for everyone's help.   8)

LouP