Author Topic: Carenado's 185  (Read 15923 times)

Wildbird

Re: Carenado's 185
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
One-Eye,

I started writing this long post with responses to your arguments, but it's getting way too late and I've begun to lose interest. You have some points that I agree with wholeheartedly, but you and I have different standards and I'm frankly glad that mine are lower than yours.  :)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:19 AM »
I agree. We all have different ways about thinking of things and that is good. Now folk know why I have issues with Carenado and that's that.

Thanks guys for reading this junk of mine.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
I too, have started and dumped replies here. I have sent them to Carenado though - for what it's worth. It's not that really have high standards because I know that many FSX model makers are barely above "enthusiastic amateur" level who are earning no more than pocket money for their work.

About the only commercial models that make any half way decent income are the passenger jet makers. This is not my knowledge but rather that of the commercial publishers. GA planes generally sell in the few hundreds, which really does not pay for often years of work.

Anyway - Carenado likes to be called professional...

On top of other claims I make, the following images also demonstrate their lack of professionalism:

The first picture shows the texture sheet in the paint kit. Notice I have labelled left and right appropriately and added a red stripe over the rudder/fin join on what is ostensibly on the same side of the plane.

The second and third pictures show how that red stripe shows on the model. Notice how the overlapping red stripe is now on opposite sides? Yep - Carenado have cross-mapped fin and rudder.

I was wondering why the registration lettering and the flag/MM logo on the fins didn't gel.

But OK, I am painting the 185 for you now. I paid for it so I might as well do what I can. But that does not stop me complaining about standards. Everyone praises Carenado models but can't see things that really matter for those people who want to give them the new liveries.

Yes we can paint new liveries for you, but we do generally prefer better standards from the modellers.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,

archangel1

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 02:17:22 AM »
Chris, are there any Carenado FSX a/c you would recommend? I'm thinking particularly of the C208 at the moment.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 03:14:45 AM »
Ah you all get me wrong ;)

Just because I don't like Carenado, doesn't mean to say I don't recommend them. I just don't like them for reasons given, which spoil my enjoyment.

Their models are all flyable in the appropriate sim. Others have created tweaked and tuned configuration files that apparently make them better - I can't judge that. My critiques are mostly based on the little details that make the biggest difference to me.

While they were priced around and under 20$ they are all good for the price. I am still wary of the higher priced ones. Carenado do a good job of creating photo textures - especially their interiors.

I am probably over-critical in my "vitriol". For that I ask forebearance.

The 172 N is fine, the 185 works too. Their Cherokee is OK - they all work well enough in FSX. I have bought all their FS9 models and I really think that in FS9 they were good (and the price was right)

I'm probably so critical because they refused to react to my comments about flaps and things...

Signed:

"one anal retentive rivet counter"

:D
All the best,