Author Topic: Just checking the Pipeline  (Read 2438 times)

Teecee

Just checking the Pipeline
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
Flying out of Gulkana. and Please do not see this as any sort of criticism, but I see the green strip running alongside the pipeline route which is supposed to be the route of the electric pylons, but  I see no pylons at all..is this my system? or perhaps a better question would be does anyone see pylons along the pipeline route? and if the answer to this is yes, then would there be anything I could do to get them to show up in  my system? Teecee.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Just checking the Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
The green strip you see is the pipeline road, not an electric tower path. It's part of the ORBX base scenery.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:13:18 PM »
Teecee,
A screenshot with coordinates would always help a lot whenever you have a scenery question so it can be duplicated.  Avoids confusion in most cases.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:05:08 PM »
Teecee,

Like Spud said, if you could share a screen shot with us so we can positively ID what it is you're seeing. Might be the powerline path that ORBX laid out but didn't place any towers along. Doug and I have noticed that before but it would be a framerate challenge alongside the pipeline if we added towers.

Just an FYI,

Brad

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
Last time I flew it in FSX, I saw whatI thohght was a residual pipeline from Vector, but I could be wrong.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »
If you're inside SAK, then there was a ground texture that represented the pipeline pathway from Gulkana to Valdez. It was only that though, a ground texture that looked like a small road that followed the terrain. I ended up using that to run our pipeline alongside and made it into an access road for our purposes.

If you've flown alongside our pipeline that is currently available, you've only been inside the ORBX Southern Alaska region. Once we release the "Richardson Highway" segment, and the others after that, then you'll be outside the boundaries of SAK and would need to have ORBX Global and Global Vector installed to be looking at the best results. Anything other than that is not going to be supported or recommended as it's just not going to look as good. That's a choice people can make and not one they have to worry about.

If you want to see this project beyond SAK, as we've intended it to be seen, then you'll need to have the recommendations we ask for. ORBX Global, Global Vector, North American Landclass and a quality mesh product. Results will vary if you don't.

Brad

BBQSteve

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
Have had them all. Awaiting the follow ons.

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »
 8)
 Me too. Looking forward to the Richardson Highway segment, and more to follow !  The pipeline is a great scenery addition.
   I had a friend who was a welder on the pipeline.
 Sue