Author Topic: What Does Your ORBX PFJ Look Like?  (Read 5925 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: What Does Your ORBX PFJ Look Like?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »
Ryan,

That's great advice from your dad. We would all choose to fly a real airplane over a simulator any day I bet. So if/when you get PFJ, let us know if you need any assistance in setting up the ORBX Scenery library insertion point you'll need to have configured properly so any RTMM scenery you get from us in the future will show up in your simulation correctly. It's not a difficult step to do but is a bit confusing to the uninitiated.

Same goes for our RTMM object libraries and how they are installed in your simulation and then confirmed using our tester.

We're here to help so keep us posted on your progress and let's get you set up so you can enjoy what we have to offer.

Welcome aboard,

Brad
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:54:57 PM by Bradallen43 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
Hi Ryan,
You're a lucky young man who has a dad who wants to go flying with you! I hope he's giving you lessons and so that you can teach us what you learn as you progress. Let us know how things are going for you.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 11:54:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! The disadvantage of a real airplane is that it costs more per hour than all I have spent on flight simulator. Maybe next time I go up, I can take some pictures for you guys (where should I post them?) The great thing about real flying is you have really good graphics, no game crashes and the frame rates are really smooth! ;D
                                                                    Ryan
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Penzoil3

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »
 8)
   If I had spent the money on real flying, instead of simming  I'd have a pilots license ! I have definitely spent enough. I have 130 OrbX products, figure an average of $ 30 a piece... We won't even mention airplane
addons, or anyone else's scenery.
 LOL
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
Easy reply to that, just say you want to fly to PAKT!!
 8)
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
The problem is the it would take 5.5 hours to fly to PAKT in our Maule. I have actually been to Ketchikan before, but we didn't go fly because my mom didn't want to. :(
                                                                             Ryan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
The problem is the it would take 5.5 hours to fly to PAKT in our Maule. I have actually been to Ketchikan before, but we didn't go fly because my mom didn't want to. :(
                                                                             Ryan

The old saying is: "Flying is hours and hours of boredom intersparsed with moments of Stark Terror!" 5.5 hours isn't long when you thinks of the scenery view you get on the trip.
The most boring flight I can remember was in a P5M from San Diego to Hawaii when we got there no landing just turned around and flew back to CA. almost 30 hours in the air.
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 02:16:07 PM »
Jeez, that's a long flight! The Martin doesn't loom like a great passenger plane either. How did you get a ride in one?
                                                       Ryan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
Didn't ride I was part of the flight crew.  Had 3 seperate crews for the flight.  (I'm a retired Naval Aviator)
 8)
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
Wow, three flight crews! you could fly for a long time!