Author Topic: Apache Warrior Project  (Read 5194 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Apache Warrior Project
« on: November 22, 2016, 11:09:15 PM »
Love the planes, just can't get the gauges to show correctly in VC. Any suggestions, or is anybody else having this problem? A few snips attached.

jsapair

Jsapair

Penzoil3

Re: Apache Warrior Project
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »
I had to completely redo the panel with FS Panel Studio. Zipped my panel.cfg for you. Also had to redo the window alphas for P3D. Just the panel should do for FSX. If it doesn't work, you may need to edit something I aliased from a plane you don't have. Bill Lyon sure made great planes.
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »
Apache Warrior?  This isn't a helo were talking about I know but do you have a picture of the plane.  Google doesn't have anything but Native Americans under that name.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
 8)
 It's Bill Lyon's FS 9 Piper Apache.  Don't know where jsapair got "Warrior", but I recognized the plane. Look at my avatar, and you'll understand why it's my first love in sim.
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 11:43:56 PM »
Well now that makes sense.  I was confused fer sur!
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 11:44:36 PM »
You're right Sue, it's the Piper Apache. I got it in a package with 3 or 4 textures...AV SIM maybe? I would swear it was called the Apache Warrior Project but I've slept since then. And I got the same Google results Spud did. Thanks for the gauge fix Sue, I'll give it a whirl. Here's what it came with.

Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »
 8)
 The original had a couple of float versions. Didn't the AVSIM version have them ?  I did have to fiddle with the contact points for the floats in P3D. If need be, I'll put my versions on a CD and snail-mail them to you.
 Sue
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:37:12 PM by Penzoil3 »

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 05:44:43 PM »
Attached a float picture.

jsapair

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
Sue, no joy on the panel change. Re-named the old and installed the new in all 4 panel folders. No differencia (a little Spanish lingo).  Seems to me these gauges worked when I first installed the package years ago. Also seems to me that they worked immediately after re-installs, but then the problem came back upon re-starting FSX. But I also thought it was called the Apache Warrior Project. LOL. 

Found it again, 'Piper APACHE Project' over at flyawaysimulation. No floats, though, just the liveries I posted. I've re-installed it several times over the years with the same results which is why I gave up. Maybe I could try a new DL from a different place.

There is a custom.cab file in the panel folders as well. Should that be unzipped? Don't recall ever having to unzip one b4, though.

Thanks for your time and trouble. Appreciate it. Back to square one. I'll look around. If need be I'll PM you and take you up on your offer.

jsapair

Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
 8)
 Is it the gauges are partially covered by black thing ? I seem to remember having to fiddle with textures to fix that. If so, can send textures.
 Sue

Penzoil3

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 05:44:16 PM »
May have sent you wrong panel, I only fly the blue Apache- try this -Panel 1

marc2140

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 06:47:17 PM »
Sue,
Where did you get the float version?
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

jsapair

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
Hi, Sue. Yeah, it's the gauges partially covered by the black thing...in VC. I posted a snap earlier but you know what it is. Neither one of the panels you sent are the magic elixir, however. That last one I applied to the blue plane only. I noticed that with no panel.cfg folder the AC doesn't even show in preview. I'll have to store that fact in my few remaining brain cells.

jsapair
Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 03:52:26 AM »
 8) Ok, let me rattle my brain cells to remember which bitmap I had to modify. It's been a while since I did it.
 Sue

jsapair

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 12:25:28 AM »
Sue, don't sweat it. If it's something you can just grab, great, but don't go through any big headache trying to find it. This has been a bugaboo since I originally installed it years ago. I just thought I'd throw it at the wall once more and see what sticks. Like my pasta. I originally thought it was a Legacy AC that Steve's DX10 Fixer would remedy but that's not the case, in this case.

jsapair
Jsapair