Author Topic: Runway 12 confusion  (Read 9272 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Runway 12 confusion
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »
Downloading the Rwy 12 object libraries is simple enough.

However... the instructions are possibly confusing - for part 1 they say create a new static objects library folder and for parts 2 and 3 we're told to copy files into the newly created scenery folder but the readme gives the path to the "newly created" addon scenery/scenery folder and not to the static objects library.

First of all, the addon scenery/scenery folder is just not newly created and then it's also "non-fsx" oriented...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

aeugli

Re: Runway 12 confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »
Hi Chris,
forget addon scenery/scenery folder.
Just copy/paste the FILES (not the folder) of the scenery-folders of objects library part 2 & 3 in the (the newly created) scenery folder of part 1; make shure that static object folder (with this scenery folder in it) is above (smaller number) the other Misty folders in the scenery library.
Everything will be fine.
Cheers Rainer
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:50:54 AM »
Danke Rainer...

I must be having a really obtuse day because that is exactly what I did and when I look for the objects using Instant Scenery, I can't seem to find them. At the moment I have deactivated the "static objects" in the library and I have deleted the "static objects" via explorer so there are no rwy 12 items in my addon scenery folder.

Starting from scratch, you are saying to ignore the instructions and put all bgls and textures into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Static Objects Library\scenery

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Static Objects Library\texture

respectively?

And then activate in FSX library...

Do I need "Runway 12" program (I know it's apparently only FS9)? Just making sure...

All the best,

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:04 AM »
Another cause for my confusion is that the readme says:

This version includes the program and all 39 libraries published so far.

When I add them up I get 45...
All the best,

aeugli

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:33:09 AM »
Hallo Chris,

yes, yes, yes,.. just forgot about the textures; same thing here: all in the first texture folder.
Your pathes are right, then activate in FSX library.
And no, you don´t need the "runway 12" program. As I´ve understood it, you need the program only for construction-work for the static objects library.

Concerning the numbers 45 vs. 39. I think same thing as often( ;D), the text stays the same but the evolution of the library is still going on.
Liebe Grüße
Rainer
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:35:28 AM by aeugli »
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
Chris,
You can set it up as you like but since FS9 I have been using a simple method for scenery objects libraries.  I only have one library period.  Of course this is only partially true because FTX, OZx, and other payware have there own libraries and individual scenery files some times include scenery objects within the scenery downloads.
That being said I ran the EZ-1 installer program in a junk folder as directed here in RTMM.  The resultant library (EZ Object Library) was created, added to the Addon Scenery folder of FSX.  The library has the scenery and texture sub-folders as usual plus a new-mdl folder.  Now I install Rwy12 library to a junk folder and it has the usual scenery and texture folders plus an model folder.  The model folder I copy to the EZ Object Library main folder, now it has model, new-mdl scenery and texture sub-folders.
Going back to the Rwy12 library in my junk folder I simply open the scenery folder and copy all the files into the scenery folder of the EZ Object Library scenery sub-folder.  If there are any duplicate files I will use the newest dated file when it asks if I want to replace the file.  With the texture folder from the Rwy12 library in my junk folder I copy the texture files to the texture sub-folder of the EZ Objects Library.  Repeat the same procedure for Xavier's library as well.  You can just keep adding to the one EZ Objects Library because FSX does not care where the library objects are it will use them just fine.  This also cuts down on the number of duplicate objects you will see in Instant Scenery due to only one library of objects without duplicate files.
 8)

K.I.S.S.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:36:53 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

aeugli

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04:24 AM »
SorrySpud,

non of the other Libraries (Rwy 12, CeyX, Sidney-Schwartz) have a model folder here.
Only the EZ-1!
Everything is showing up in my sceneries so far.
Cheers Rainer
Rainer

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
SorrySpud,

non of the other Libraries (Rwy 12, CeyX, Sidney-Schwartz) have a model folder here.
Only the EZ-1!
Everything is showing up in my sceneries so far.
Cheers Rainer

Not correct.  When you 'install the Rwy12 library (to a junk folder) there will be a model folder created along with the scenery and texture folder.  I just this morning tried it again to make certain.  And the EZ-1 Library has a folder called new-mdl not model when installed.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
SorrySpud,

I'm getting the same as aeugli.  I've installed all the Rwy12 library files to a Temp folder and they definitely don't install a model folder on mine either.

I'm using the Rwy12 installation files that came with Sewall Lodge.  Are those the ones you are using, Spud?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:34:17 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »
No I'm using the Rwy12 zip file from Flightsim.com file library named Rwy12_1.zip which is an all inclusive compilation of the Rwy12 libraries.  It does extract with a model folder included.
Actually I doubt that you need either the model or new-mdl folders but they come with the territory, so to speak, so I put them into my master scenery object library.
 8)

ps: I'll look at Sewall Lodge down load and see what that has in it.
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
Thanks for that, Spud.  I'll look at the Flightsim.com download to see what I'm missing.
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
Looked at Sewall Lodge and the three downloads are old files from 2005.  The rwy12_1.zip is current as of March 2010 and probably contains a few more files.  I try to get the latest library files I can find because they are always adding to them and I want all I can get!!!
The newer file is the one that creates the model folder.
 8)
Later,

Spud