Author Topic: The Lodge at Black Rapids - Open for business  (Read 9711 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: The Lodge at Black Rapids - Open for business
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
VECTOR for areas outside of the ORBX full fat regions is IMO a must have.
Below is a list of what VECTOR adds to your sim:

"Accurate coastlines, rivers, lakes and other water bodies. Vector uses new shoreline and beach textures to add more realism which provides a more integrated and natural appearance
    Motorways, freeways, main arterials roads, roundabouts – all with moving vehicle traffic and specific underlays and skirtings to blend in better with landclass textures
    Golf courses, city parks and forests
    Extrusion bridges and tunnel entrances
    Tram lines where applicable, railway lines and railway yards
    Power lines using default models
    Corrected airport elevations for all default airports
    Ports and docks concrete textures
"

Without VECTOR the shorelines are inaccurate and differ from what was used to develop the scenery Nadine is asking about.  A trial will, of course, confirm or disprove if the scenery is useable without VECTOR.

Additionally ORBX Global Base replaces all the M$ FSX textures with more life like textures world wide and again its more applicable outside of the ORBX full fat regions.
If you only fly within ORBX regions then the two addons are not as important but the difference outside the regions is a major improvement in the sim.
Here's a list of Global Base improvements:

"Total upgrade of your FSX or P3D!
    New gorgeous ground textures
    New autogen textures for buildings
    3D night lighting with no FPS hit
    Base landclass updated
    Unlocks M-tiles for perfect blending
    Works with all 3rd party landclass
    Works with all 3rd party mesh
    Same sized textures as default
    Textures for all 4 seasons
    Expand with openLC packs!
"

With the ORBX 35 for 39 sale going on now (until the end of Dec.) the two addons would cost a tad bit less than $90 US$ total.
 8)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:10:27 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Handie

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Yes, I know all this and I just enjoy the promotion to buy FTX Global pack that I did not yet, considering that I fly almost only on the regions.
For Vector, I hesitate very much because there are many messages, on the forum Orbx, of users who have concerns with, mainly with the elevations.

Otherwise, I went to see BlackRapids Lodge and, indeed, there are worries at the lake, the shoreline has been changed by Vector.
In the land, everything is ok.

Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Teecee

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
I find that running Vector  airport elevation corrections, followed by "FTX Central V2/settings/troubleshooting/force migration" after every change to the sim solves these sort of problems. I am unsure whether this is available in Central V3 as I cannot upgrade to that version, but for V2, I have never seen the sort of problems that people are reporting constantly. Teecee.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »
Handie...thank you so much. Yes, the coastline is different, but I'm amazed that the rest doesn't look too bad. This answers many questions for me.

Doug