Author Topic: Glacier Bay tours  (Read 2492 times)

Teecee

Glacier Bay tours
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
I have no recollection of DL this file, but whilst searching for a "tours" file I found "Glacier Bay tours". a ZIP file. This appears to contain a bunch of *.BGL files and I am wondering if I should install it? Can someone enlighten me as to just what this file is please..Teecee.

Dieter

Re: Glacier Bay tours
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
Most likely you are referring to this:
- Glacier Bay Series
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/missions/index.php

Sorry,
I seem to be wrong. These missions don't have  a bunch of *.BGL files, must be something else ...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:52:10 PM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Penzoil3

Re: Glacier Bay Tours
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
 8)
 No, under Scenery, there is a Glacier Bay Tours package. It has bgl's enhancing some airports in the area. Just downloaded it, looks interesting. You also need Wood Lake to go with that Teecee.

Glacier Bay Tours (Added 03.27.2016)
By Doug Linn

Glacier Bay Tours is a collection of 38 GPS waypoints and scenery locations for 38 glaciers in the Glacier Bay National Park area. You will need Plan-G and ORBX SAK for these. The "map" you use will be Plan-G with the SAK.csv file from Dieter Linde. This gives you a gold star at every one of the glaciers in the area. The scenery location is at the star. You will also need "Wood Lake" (see "W" below).

Although difficult flying, this is a good beginner package because most of what you need is already in ORBX SAK (all the airports, etc). The zip file below enhances those airports a little and adds the scenery locations and GPS waypoints for the glaciers.

This is hours of flying time, difficult navigation (there are no flight plans), you fly to the gps way point the best way you can. Add a little real weather and you have a challenge. Also the "runways" are not all flat, but often hilly or sloping. A ski equipped plane is recommend (or, of course a helicopter can do all of these)

Sue

Teecee

Re: Glacier Bay tours
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »
Thanks Sue..I will DL the Woods lake zip right now..Teecee.