Author Topic: What's the story??  (Read 1929 times)

Pkwaite

What's the story??
« on: October 15, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
This is a noob question. I'm trying to wrap my head around the process and I'm excited that supposedly each flight has a scenario/storyline but I can't seem to find the associated story to the published flights. For example I am interested in starting with the Chalet de Venema flight from Concrete Mun (I only have ORBX PNW so far). I understand that I must d/l and install the Pacific Northwest Scenery Collection and d/l the flightplans. But where do I read the specific storyline for this flight??
Paul
Computer--somewhat fast. User--somewhat slow. FSX:SE using Oculus Rift and FlyInsideFSX.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: What's the story??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:20:18 PM »
You will need to provide the reasons for flying, yourself.  You could inspect cabins, or deliver groceries, medicines or packages, etc.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
The only flights with story lines are those with Trip Tickets. Go to the Here2There and go to the GoTo table. Search for TripTic, then sort by ORBX area. Set number of items at 100. Scroll down until you see the PNWs show up. All those will be the ones with TripTics or "storylines" in the PNW area...presently there are 23 of them. If you click on the word TripTic, you will discover it is a link and brings that flight's TripTic up in a new screen. You can read through it to see if you would like the flight.

TripTics are very involved to make, we have over 1000 flights, not enough time in the day to make a TripTic for all of them.  But if you use the GoTo table, you will discover there art 97 of them right now. Plenty to keep you busy for a while. Hope this answers your question.

Doug

Pkwaite

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »
Thanks gentlemen. I will wet my feet with the trip tiks until I muster a bit more creativity!
Paul
Computer--somewhat fast. User--somewhat slow. FSX:SE using Oculus Rift and FlyInsideFSX.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »
You are welcome, that's what we are here for. And Jeff is correct too. All of the USFS cabins are in place in PFJ, Tongass and SAK (there are none in PNW). The real pilots up there are ferrying people from Ketchikan, or some other main airport, out to the cabins. They actually do this almost every day. People can rent these for a week at a time or more. But now imagine your week is up. You expect the plane to arrive at 9 am.  Sounds easy for the pilot, just run the plan on the gps ... except ... now add the weather!  If you have Active Sky or REX and put in the actual weather, you have a whole new ball game. The weather up there is not nice.

Yet you have to pick up the tourists, and drop off new ones ... and stay on schedule ... regardless of the weather. So flying the cabins, you've usually got a tourist or two on board with their luggage. Each trip will be different because the weather is different. So as Jeff says, you can sort of make up your own scenario.

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »
For most of the scenery files there are small stories or descriptions about the place that your visiting. Look at the readme installation file and as you start at the top, look for the description there. Also, Doug usually includes some of that information on each files scenery entry on the scenery page at RTMM.

Brad

Pkwaite

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:19:55 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. I finally had the time to do the short flight from Concrete to Chalet de Venema with Heidi in the A2A Cub. It was easy enough to posit delivering a chatty tourist to the Chalet. It was great fun scoping out the approach to the sandbar "runway" with a couple of overflights and then committing to a landing as a go around would have been dicey--if not disastrous-- in the under powered Cub! It was very much like many YT videos I've watched of back country or off airport landings. Quite challenging. I am looking forward to many more adventures with RTMM.
Paul