Author Topic: Snow Dogs Tours problems  (Read 3885 times)

Dieter

Snow Dogs Tours problems
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:20:35 AM »
Snow Dogs Tours problem report:
http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/#s

My system:
FSX - latest FTX Global Freeware airports -  ORBX Global Textures
Snow Dogs Tour One - B
Snow Dogs Tour Two - B

1. Snow Dogs Tour One - B

RTMM SDT WAEA Eagle.bgl -Typo, should be RTMM SDT PAEA Eagle.bgl

File missing for:
PACR - Circle City
PALR - Chandalar Lake

2. Added screenshots show problems:
buildings/hangars/objects of FTX Global Freeware airports overlap (FTX_FTXG_PASC_objects.bgl)  with those ones put in  file RTMM SDT PASC Deadhorse.bgl

see: PASC 1.jpg PASC 2.jpg

Also there are some objects set which are invisible.
Invisible 1.jpg
Invisible 2.jpg

There are two different files/same name for:
- RTMM SDT PASC Deadhorse.bgl

in 1B: size 7916 Bytes (maybe this one should be deleted from Tour 1, PASC is not part of the tour)
in 2B: size 8732 Bytes

Which one should be choosen?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:04:23 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dieter

Re: Snow Dogs Tours problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 08:33:14 AM »
Duffy's Tavern
Objects misplaced
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
Duffy's Tavern ...

This is what I am seeing.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
On Deadhorse ...

We won't be "keeping up" with the modifications the ORBX people make with modifying the airports. So I would suggest to turn off Snow Dogs for now for PASC.  When we get there with BWEP, we will re-do Deadhorse, until then, we just don't have the time to modify with the changes coming from the updated airports.

As for the missing files for PACR and PALR ... they aren't missing. They just don't exist. We didn't do those. So those are just the stock airports. At this point we have no plans for adding anything to those.

The typo was fixed for PAEA.eagle.

The problem here is that these are basically "outside" our area. We did these as a favor to Snow Dogs and they worked fine. But we will not be keeping up scenery location changes as the freeware airports are modified "outside" our (SAK) region. The only exception to this will be BWEP where we will maintain the changes as they come at us.

I'm showing a problem at Deadhorse too ... but it will be fixed when we "get there" with BWEP. For now, any problems with these, I'd suggest unchecking Snow Dog Tours in the Scenery Library.

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »
I'd suggest unchecking Snow Dog Tours in the Scenery Library

Ok, good idea, maybe a short remark in "NOTAM" or on the "Scenery" page might prevent further reports or questions on this.
Many greetings
Dieter

Doug

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
I'll do that Dieter. This afternoon, I'll get in there and see what's really going on at Deadhorse.  What about Duffy's Tavern...what's happening there?

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
Duffy's Pace is ok now!
My problem was caused by an additional (wrong) bgl file.
Many greetings
Dieter

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
WOW!   I just looked in old files etc. for the SDT files and after 4 read throughs I still can't figure out what we did with this.  I remember trying out the Tour One at the time but frankly I can't decipher Tour Two installation with enough confidence to install it.
So ... glad were not going to worry about SDT for now.
Matter of fact I don't remember how to do the tour.  Would you just load the flt. pln. and fly it?  Sounds logical for my pea pickin' old brain.
 :-[
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
I realize we are not at this time keeping up with the SDT files but being my greyhead anal self I couldn't help but have a look at the downloads again so I downloaded them anew to be sure of having thelatest.
I think i understand now where some of the confusion comes from.  The first tour "Alaska , Denali and the Arctic" has no flight plans included while the second tour "Along the Artic Circle" does have the flight plans included.  My question is were there, or are there, flt. pln. for tour one "Alaska , Denali and the Arctic"?
If there were at one time I seem to have lost them along the way.  FWIW I installed the tour one when it came out but not tour two.  I remember flying tour one but it must require you make your own flt. plan.  Then again there have been new flt. pln. files from time to time and at the moment I have FSX flt. pln.  BWEP flt. pln. and RTMM flt. pln. folders in my sim.  I was going to make a SDT flt. pln. folder but can not find any tour one flt. pln. files just tour two "Along the Artic Circle".
 8)

UPDATE:

OK found tour one flt. pln files in a separate zip file tucked away in the "driving me nutty folder"  Now that sucker makes sense although the plan names are kinda off the wall.
 :P

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:19:26 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
OK, I'm working on it.  It was really screwed up.  You use the "A" tours for 1 and 2 if you do not have Global/Vector.  If you DO have Global/Vector, you use the "B" tours. 

These were really screwed up badly. I've redone the "B" tour folders and took out a bunch of things that were in there that were conflicting. Now only the Snow Dogs terminals (2) show up ... everything else was deleted.

First of all ... delete EVERYTHING you have for Snow Dogs in your scenery library ... DO NOT Overwrite. Put in the new Snow Dog Tour 1 and 2  "A"  or the Snow Dog Tour 1 and 2 "B" (if you have global vector). Then reactivate them and go to Deadhorse and take a look. On my computer it looks fine. I moved the two Snow Dog terminals to a place where there wasn't anything.  I took out a LOT of misc things that we had put in there to make that airport look better ... nothing but conflicts, Dieter was right.

So take a look at the download that is up on the scenery page now under Snow Dog Tours.  Remember, delete what you already have first.
Then ... if you DO NOT have global/vector, put in Snow Dog Tour 1 - A and Snow Dog Tour 2 - A
if you DO have Global Vector, put in Snow Dog Tour 1-B and Snow Dog Tour 2-B.
Activate ...
Check it out and let me know what you are seeing.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
I'll have a go at it in the A.M. I be tarrred! as they say in the south.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud