Author Topic: Totem Bight Operations Centeer  (Read 14553 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Totem Bight Operations Centeer
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 10:43:44 AM »
Jsapair,

I will take another look today...If the power stays on.  We are expecting a pretty severe storm today across western Washington state.

Tom

Yes, I am riding that one out as well.  Big wind!  We are battened down pretty good here, I think.  Nothing like the hurricanes down south though.   ::)  Only 50-70 mph winds here.  ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 11:53:27 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Yes you are right in the path of it also.  Best of luck to you.  Fortunately the weather report has dropped the expected wind speeds down a bit.

Tom
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »
Big winds are natures way of showing who is really the 'boss'.  Only thing ya can do is bend over, grab your ankles and wait hoping 'she's' in a fair mood.
 8)
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »
How true

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
It has been a pretty successful day.  I have Misty Moorings working properly with all of the scenery I have downloaded showing up properly.  I also updated Plan-G to version 3.1.3.113 and it is working great on my second computer.  Thanks to every bodies help.  I can start downloading additional scenery.

To top things off I just looked at the latest weather report and it seems the windstorm is not going to be as severe thru the inland area.

Thanks all,

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 10:32:25 AM »
Jsapair,

I will take another look today...If the power stays on.  We are expecting a pretty severe storm today across western Washington state.

Tom

Yes, I am riding that one out as well.  Big wind!  We are battened down pretty good here, I think.  Nothing like the hurricanes down south though.   ::)  Only 50-70 mph winds here.  ;D

Hi Jeff,

Did you survive the storm okay?

Tom
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
Storm? ???  Seemed like ordinary weather to me.   :-\  :o   

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 11:37:57 AM »
Lived in the NW all my life, rain is a way of life, spent most of last week making sure every thing that could become airborne was hangered. Went down to KUAO  yesterday PM looks like everything survived. Now as for the rain, like I said I have web feet, and I have not seen rain like that since my paid trip to SE Asia in the late 60's. Just had all the gutters cleaned in preparation and a lot of good that did water. water every where over the gunwales

THibben

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »
Storm? ???  Seemed like ordinary weather to me.   :-\  :o

That is what I thought too.  Here in lacey the wind was only somewhat high for about two hours.

Tom
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 11:47:51 AM »
Lived in the NW all my life, rain is a way of life, spent most of last week making sure every thing that could become airborne was hangered. Went down to KUAO  yesterday PM looks like everything survived. Now as for the rain, like I said I have web feet, and I have not seen rain like that since my paid trip to SE Asia in the late 60's. Just had all the gutters cleaned in preparation and a lot of good that did water. water every where over the gunwales

You are in Aurora, Oregon?  I saw something about a water spout in Oregon in the news.  Yes, thanks for taking the moisture out of those clouds before they got up here to me!  Most of the damage was done down south, in the Seattle area.  I am near the Canadian border, a couple hundred miles away.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:51:07 AM by jeff3163 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 12:00:34 PM »
Just have to remember that the media loves to puff themselves.  Here on the Gulf Coast/ FL area they almost seem to become fanatical if a hurricane is in the south Atlantic Ocean 1000 miles away.  Predicting utter chaos and life threatening destruction daily.  Example the storm eye is 120 miles south moving north at 10 MPH so take shelter NOW!  Of course the leading edge wont be here for at least 6-8 hours but if you don't hide now your gonna die!!!!!  :o ???
 8)
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
The water spout slash tornado was out at Manzanita Or, or Nehalem Bay area.  Glad this crap only happens once in a great while

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 11:38:21 PM »
My youngest boy and wife live in the Rainier, Scapoosh area, west of Portland about 50 miles, on a hill, overlooking the Columbia River. They got hit hard with the winds coming upriver from the coast. They love the violent weather and are equipped to deal with it. Both ex-Coasties. Go Figure. My kid probably wishes he was still doing rescues on the Columbia River bar.

jsapair
Jsapair

av8erjm

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
Jeff I live about 2 miles from Troutdale OR KTTD, where I fly out of, I also do flights out of KUAO, got the call before the storm to get down and move all the aircraft into hangers that we could. Today going down to put everyone's planes back out on the tarmac. Between the 3 operators there we were able to keep all the planes safe n' sound

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:15 PM »
av8erjm,

My wife and I flew into Portland on July 29th. Picked up our rental car and headed towards old Columbia River Gorge highway. We stopped at the Troutdale General Store for lunch on our way to Multnomah Falls, Mt. Hood, Timberline Lodge and Trillium Lake. Stayed in Portland and then continued up north into Washington.

That first day, after leaving Multnomah Falls, I got pulled over by Hood River PD and was issued a citation for excessive speed. Hung over my head until we got off our cruise ship almost two weeks later. They cited me for 88 in a 65 on I-84. Officer said they had an unmarked vehicle that was pacing me. Ticket said $450. They said, if I accept the citation, admit guilt, they'll cut the fine in half. Crooks. Not such a good first day of vacation in Oregon.

Lesson learned. Voodoo Doughnuts made up for it and was a treat downtown the next morning.

Brad