Author Topic: RTMM scenery switcher 3.3 not changing seasons  (Read 10327 times)

av8erjm

RTMM scenery switcher 3.3 not changing seasons
« on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »
 just notice the season switcher is not conversing with the different scenery folders hadn't notice it until the PF56 scenery. The path for the season switcher is: C:FSX/Addon Scenery/RTMM season switcher 3.3 and the path for the scenery folders are C:FSX/Addon Scenery/A Misty Moorings/<RTMM Scenery Folder>/scenery. So I'm not sure if it's path problem or what, I have the shortcut for the switcher exe. on the desktop and when I click on it opens the prompt window, I chose number 4, press  enter and then press enter again as instructed to finish, it says fall has been selected and when I look at the curseasonset.txt it has fall listed, but when I fire up FSX it loads but nothing is changed, the season at PF56 is still winter mode and the other sceneries with the diff seasons are at offseason mode. Oh I did double check the current season selection in FSX and it is 10/07/2016  Fall. I know I'm missing something, but I'll be damn if I can see what I did wrong. Looking for vectors to correct it

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: RTMM scenery switcher 3.3 not changing seasons
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
Put the season switcher here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »
If you look at the path I gave isn't that what I've done?  When I installed FSX I installed it w/o installing it in the program files folder, but installed it C: FSX. the season switcher resides in the addon scenery folder inside of the flight sim folder. Or are you suggesting to make folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\ out side of the actual flight sim program

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »
Not sure what av8erjm is saying for sure.   The Season Switcher exe addresses all sceneries inside the folder it resides in and all child folders below the folder it is in.   Therefore, assuming that in the example av8erjm gave, the C:FSX/Addon Scenery/RTMM season switcher 3.3 path means that the season switcher executable is inside a folder named  RTMM season switcher 3.3, then it would not work because the switcher executable (RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe) is sitting in a folder that has no child folders below it.

If av8erjm meant to say that the path for the season switcher is c:\FSX\Addon Scenery\RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe and his scenery path is C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\A Misty Moorings\<RTMM Scenery Folder>\scenery, then it should work since the RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe file is in the Addon Scenery folder and all the sceneries to be modified by the switcher are also inside the Addon Scenery folder or children of that folder.

Rod

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »
Rod, I think the light came on, what I did was after d/l the zip and extracting it I took that whole folder and put it in my FSX/addon scenery folder, when what I should have done was just take the exe file and dropped it in the FSX/addon scenery folder, correct?

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »
I'm having the same problem.  I was just about to do what av8erjm is asking about. Mine is in a folder in the main Add On Scenery, also. Moved the whole folder to Add On Scenery/RTMM but no joy. Will wait for Rod's answer.
Jsapair

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:31:24 PM »
well jsapair at least I'm not alone on this, sometimes I over think something and that's when Murphy comes along. Funny thing I never paid it much attention, right up until I came in on short final at PF56 and there were trucks, tents and people out in the middle of the water

jsapair

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
That's when I noticed it, too...after the Klutina install...water camping. Obviously I don't use the switcher or I'd have noticed it before 'cause that folder has been in that location forever. Now I'm curious why the Scenery Object Tester works. It's in a folder in the same, main, Add On Scenery location. Not to complicate matters though. Haha. We'll get 'er.
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »
Reading back, that's what Ualani is saying. The .exe in the main Add On Scenery folder. I'm going to go with that. Damn the torpedoes.
Jsapair

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »
Rod, I think the light came on, what I did was after d/l the zip and extracting it I took that whole folder and put it in my FSX/addon scenery folder, when what I should have done was just take the exe file and dropped it in the FSX/addon scenery folder, correct?

Yes, absolutely correct.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 09:56:55 PM »
That's when I noticed it, too...after the Klutina install...water camping. Obviously I don't use the switcher or I'd have noticed it before 'cause that folder has been in that location forever. Now I'm curious why the Scenery Object Tester works. It's in a folder in the same, main, Add On Scenery location. Not to complicate matters though. Haha. We'll get 'er.

Scenery Object Tester is just another scenery file that displays certain objects from all of the object libraries.  It is not affected by the Season Switcher.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 09:57:52 PM »
Reading back, that's what Ualani is saying. The .exe in the main Add On Scenery folder. I'm going to go with that. Damn the torpedoes.

Yep, that is what Steve W. was saying. 

Rod

av8erjm

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 10:07:25 PM »
Thank Rod and Ualani, it finally sunk in and thanks for the patience until I tripped over the answer

jsapair

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 10:10:05 PM »
Hi Rod. I took the .exe file by itself and put it in the main Add On Scenery folder. Still wouldn't switch. Tried putting it in Addon Scenery/RTMM. Still won't switch. Still shows winter.bgl. Backed all the way out and came back in just to be sure. Gonna try a PC restart. Stranger things have happened.
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »
Nope, that didn't do it. Question, changing the switcher should change the season for all sceneries affected by the switcher, correct? Halibut Cove, for example. After switching to Fall in the switcher, Klutina is still on Winter and HC is on No Season. I give. Should I try a re-DL and reinstall of the switcher? To be clear, I have put the RTMM Season Switcher v3.3 .exe in FSX/Addon Scenery and, just for grins, FSX/Addon Scenery/RTMM with no luck.

jsapair
Jsapair