Author Topic: New Install  (Read 5305 times)

THibben

New Install
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »
I haven't used Misty Moorings for a while but would like to get started again.  The installation I have is not working anymore.  I have tried to get it working again but couldn't do it.  I know I have some of the files misplaced so in frustration I just deleted everything.( It is still in the deleted files) I have been trying to go through the 20 pages of the object libraries build but have become totally confused. (My 82 year old brain isn't working to well anymore.)  Any help with reinstalling would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

PS:  I have a very high end system and 231 GB of free space on my FSX drive.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:50:36 PM by THibben »
Tom

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: New Install
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
Hi Tom,
     You could start by just going to the object libraries page and downloading the latest edition of those.  Get them reinstalled and checked out with the scenery tester at PANT Annette Island.  After that you can start installing specific scenery locations.

I am curious as to what wasn't working when you revisited your Misty scenery?    Thanks.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

THibben

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:51:25 PM »
Hi Tom,
     You could start by just going to the object libraries page and downloading the latest edition of those.  Get them reinstalled and checked out with the scenery tester at PANT Annette Island.  After that you can start installing specific scenery locations.

I am curious as to what wasn't working when you revisited your Misty scenery?    Thanks.

I could find no scenery.  The last time I used it Misty's Place was fully there. This time it was not even shown on the map.  I am struggling with my memory at times so don't know what happened.  As I indicated, I removed everything and am now reinstalling.  I have downloaded and "think I have installed" parts Parts 1& 2. I Also downloaded Part 3 but thought I read somewhere it was no longer needed.
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »
Tom,
all three parts are required.  Have a read of this:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

It shows the required support files for a successful RTMM installation.

8)
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »
Tom,
all three parts are required.  Have a read of this:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

It shows the required support files for a successful RTMM installation.

8)

Yes, I have printed it out and am struggling thru it.  I have managed to get the scenery object tester running but I only have the first three buildings installed. I am working on that now.

Thanks so much for your help.

Tom
Tom

THibben

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 03:39:51 PM »
Making some progress.  Have all objects in the scenery object tester except #11 & 12.

Now trying to work on getting Mist's place installed.

Tom
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 08:30:57 AM »
Making some progress.  Have all objects in the scenery object tester except #11 & 12.

Now trying to work on getting Mist's place installed.

Tom

Those two object are from additional Libraries. 
#11 Crane ... this is from the Alaska Power Project TEMP library. (RTMM APP Library TEMP)
#12 Vertical Tank ... this from the Blue Wave Energy Partners web page.  (FSXP3D WH_BWEP Objects_SW)

They are not included in the 3 Library downloads.
 8)
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »
Hi Spud,

Thanks for your help. I realize the last two items are from additional libraries.  I now have Mistys Place loaded and it looks great.  I now have to get them showing up on the Plan-G maps.

Tom
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:46:39 PM by THibben »
Tom

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
Tom,
look here:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#dieter

Dieter's Page you need to import the .csv files and hundreds of locations will appear on Plan-G. 

8)
Later,

Spud

THibben

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »
Thanks Spud,

Tom
Tom