Author Topic: Klutina Outfitters  (Read 11820 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Klutina Outfitters
« on: October 04, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
There are some beautiful lakes "over" the glaciers behind Valdez. One of those is Klutina Lake.  There is now a Klutina Outfitters Lodge and airstrip you can visit. This one has the full season switcher (my first one). It is pretty amazing what you can do with the season switchers. For those of you following the BWEP pipeline, this scenery location is half way between Valdez and Copper Center Z73.  So if you want to take a shortcut and go over the glaciers behind Valdez, Klutina Outfitters is a nice stop along the way. There is, of course, water landing and a dirt airstrip.

I'd like to thank the team for helping me with this one. Steve Weinkamer spent a whole evening with me on emails to try to solve a "leveling" problem. We did fix it thanks to his help. Spud, of course, spent a few hours on this with the QC.  These are certainly more complicated with the season switcher.  Another thing, when you select "winter" with the season switcher, you need to also change your simulator to the proper season. However, depending on WHERE the location is, you will have to pick the correct simulator season to match the location. In this case, the "seasons" for the simulator are:

Winter: November, December, January, February, March
Spring: April, May
Summer: June, July, August
Fall: September, October

So if you are flying into Klutina Outfitters in March, you want to set your simulator for Winter, and use the season switcher to select "winter".  Hopefully you will enjoy this one.

Doug & Steve

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Re: Klutina Outfitters
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
I'm having elevation issues with the Klutina Outfitters lake Lodge.

Before I installed the lake Lodge. I did fly the plan that was with it. I went to the Lake Lodge(PF56) with and without the ORBX PAVD installed. There were/are no elevation issues, like it should be.

I than installed the Lake Lodge, and went to have a look. I now have elevation issues. The landing strip and the hanger at the end is fine. The problems I'm have are all at the docks and shore line so to speak.

I do have the latest BWEP objects Library installed.

I'm going to try to add ascreenshot or two of what I'm seeing.

GrayRider

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:48:23 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

GrayRider

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
Here is another shot of what I'm seeing.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

GrayRider

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
Here is another shot of the area.

Note sure what's causing the elevations I'm seeing. The elevation issues are only present when the Lodge addon is installed?.

GrayRider

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
George,
It isn't elevation issues you're having. Your season switcher isn't matching the season that your sim is set to.Your season in the season switcher is set to "winter" but it looks like the season in your sim is set to spring. Make sure that the seasons and months match to what the season switcher is set to. Read the docs again that Doug painstakingly wrote for the scenery package.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

GrayRider

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »
I'm doing another check of the season switcher, to make sure it is set to Fall. In my FSX  sim. I'll be sure my season is set to Fall, and 6 OCT. 2016, and have another look and report back.

GrayRider

GrayRider

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »
Here are two more shots, with my season switcher set to fall and my in sim is set to Fall. Month Oct.

I can see the docks now.

it seems to me, the wall I'm seeing at the shore line going up to the runway, shouldn't be there?. I'm just going by the screenshot seen, in the scenery download page etc. It seems I should be seeing the shore line level with the runway, so to speak.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see?.

GrayRider
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:34:37 PM by GrayRider »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Hi George,
What you're seeing is correct. I think Doug must have posted a screenshot of one of the beta versions of Klutina by mistake. The final version has a steep bank coming from the shoreline. When he gets back from hurricane evacuation we'll ask him to post an updated screenshot.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

GrayRider

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »
Thanks for your screenshots.

That answers my concern.

While I'm here. can you have a look at my screenshots again, and look at the wake/splash effects on the plane floats going down the sides of the floats. I see white water spray clumps, while my plane is moving.

Would you have a replacement effect file you could add here to correct this spray effect I'm seeing?.

THX

GrayRider

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking in the way of a different spray effect. Jeff is a real expert in this area and maybe he'll chime in.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
The spray 'clumps' and also dirt clumps are indeed unrealistic and there is a way to omit them that was posted in 2011 on the OZx site.
This link will take you to the Utilities section of OZx and scroll down to about the middle of the files and find
1. Remove clumps from dust effect
2. Remove clumps from wheelsnow spray effects

They will rid you of the unrealistic clumps.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/11-utilities/
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 11:44:08 PM »
Water camping at Klutina. Have the BWEP libs installed, have FSX and the switcher set to Spring, but my feet are getting wet in my tent.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 12:02:17 AM »
J.J.,
Your season switcher must be set wrong. Here's what I see with the switcher set to spring.

Does your Klutina scenery folder look like this?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:31 AM »
A general problem might be that this scenery was provided with winter scenery active (Klutina_Outfitters_rtmm_winter.bgl)
Normally all RTMM season sceneries come in status "noseason".
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 09:34:14 AM »
I'll fix the pic and noseason when I get back, if the computer is still on the desk where I left it. Going to try heading back Sunday or Monday, whenever they allow us back from the evacuation. Presently in Atlanta watching the Weather Channel.