Author Topic: messed up install  (Read 4084 times)

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
messed up install
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »
Got wrapped around the prop while installing the new pipeline scenery. So I tried to fix things, didn't happen, ended up in a worst mess. Thinking of uninstalling the objects libraries - all of them - and doing a fresh install. I have a ton of scenery folders in my main RTTM Scenery folder and I do not want to touch that, also have a RTTM Objects library for anything with Objects in the header - this is the folder I'm thinking of cleaning out.
Is this the way to go? would really like your opinion, and maybe direction.
One other note. For example, Part II says, ...Then, copy the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder, included in this distribution, into you main FSX or P3D\Addon Scenery folder area or wherever you keep your object libraries. That to me says copy the object library into my RTTM Objects folder; am I reading that correctly?

Cheers,
Tenpin.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: messed up install
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »
 8)Tenpin,
sounds like your trying to have one inclusive object library for all your scenery.  Believe me because I used to do that with everything FSX, with RTMM it is HIGHLY recommended to install this scenery as outlined here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

Everything RTMM is together and for troubleshooting it works because were all on the same page.  Future additions will remain grouped also.

Your present Objects Library with scenery objects from other non-RTMM scenery will still need to be in your FSX Scenery Library for objects in that non-RTMM scenery to show but avoid trying to lump everything into one library.  As I said I used to do that and as RTMM libraries were added and adjusted it became more and more difficult to keep things together and running smoothly.

8)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:49:21 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 01:40:34 PM »
Thanks Spud,
I do have two main folders inside the FSX/Addon Scenery folder. One for just RTTM scenery, and another for just RTTM objects. RTTM Scenery, and RTTM Objects.
I have read the instruction for each of the Part I,II, and III.
The thing that's confusing to me is those instructions. For example:
 In the RTTM Object Library part II the instructions read, "Add the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder which is now in your FSX\Addon Scenery folder to the FSX or P3D Scenery Library."  Now is that saying load this into the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, or my RTTM Scenery folder, or the FSX Scenery folder?
Another confusing thing:
In the BWEP package. The folder "FSXP3D WH BWEP Objects SE" I take this to be an Objects folder but it's contents, Scenery and Texture  folders, appear to be something that I would place in my RTTM Scenery folder. Subsequent instruction say to load it in the Addon Scenery Library folder, I'm assuming that's my RTTM Scenery folder it's referring to {RTTM Scenery Library).
Suggest using the word "Scenery" instead of "Objects" in the title folder if that's where something is to be located. Then use the word "Objects" if that folder is supposed to go in the Objects Lilbrary.

Cheers.
Tenpin

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »
Object libraries are not scenery libraries. Scenery libraries use items found in the object libraries, therefore they are not one and the same. Maybe your confusion stems from the FSX requirement that requires scenery files, the ones that define the scenery that you fly to, and object library files, the actual items that are placed in scenery locations, both need to be placed in scenery sub-folders (and in the case of object libraries, a texture sub-folder as well.)

I'm not at my FSX computer right now, but I'm sure that Spud can post a screenshot of how things should be organized.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 03:12:59 PM »
Hi Tenpin,

Let me take a shot at this since I wrote the instructions you are quoting.  Based on your question, it sounds like you are not using a Consolidated Object Library or you wouldn't be quoting step 5 that is not taken when you use a Consolidated Object Library.

To clarify your interpretation of step 5, let me reprint step 4 and 5 of the installation instructions....

"4.  If you have a previous version of the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder, you will now need to remove it from the Scenery Library and delete it.  Then, copy the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder, included in this distribution, into you main FSX or P3D\Addon Scenery folder area or wherever you keep your object libraries.  Note: For "Consolidated Objects Library" users, you will place (with overwrite) the Scenery and Texture files into your "Consolidated Objects Library" instead of copying the library into your Addon Scenery folder area.

5.  Add the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder which is now in your FSX\Addon Scenery folder to the FSX or P3D Scenery Library and enable. Note:  This step would not be taken if you use a "Consolidated Objects Library"."

So, in step 4, you move the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D folder to wherever you keep your object libraries...  Step 5 tells you to now add that folder to the FSX or P3D Scenery Library.  In other words, you now execute P3D or FSX and go to the Scenery Library page of the simulator (FSX or P3D) and add the new folder to the library. 

I have attached a pic of my RTMM Object Libraries folder (I, too, keep all of my object libraries in one folder) that shows the installed RTMM library folders.  Does yours look like that too?

Rod

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
Rod, Thank you so much, Yes I have the same in my RTTM Objects Library with the exception of the Medical, which I have to clean up before installing.
Everything is looking great and the folks living by runway 020, at PANT, wave as I fly by:).

Cheers,
Ken