Author Topic: Season Switcher Discussion  (Read 1706 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Season Switcher Discussion
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
A couple of things people need to know about the Season Switcher software that Rod has made for us.  When you download it, you put the "exe" into the file where you keep the RTMM scenery. (We always recommend "...Addon Scenery/Misty Moorings/ locations".  In this case you would put it in with the "locations."

There is a possibility you can get a FALSE POSITIVE from Windows Defender saying it is a Trojan ... it is not. If you check it with Malwarebytes, it is perfectly clean, (So "Defender strikes falsely again!).  If this happens. Check the file with Malwarebytes, when it shows "clean" then go to "history" in defender and you will find it has been quarantined. RESTORE it.

When we build these, we build them with 5 seasons, one of them is "noseason" and this is the one that is turned "on" when you download it.  Noseason is a "generic" that works for all seasons. But keep in mind, if you are looking at a location where the lake freezes in the winter, you will not see any boats at the docks or out in the water. We do this on purpose. Because when you change the sim's Time/Season to winter, the lake is ice and the boats are ice-locked. So we don't put boats into those locations where a lake freezes.  If you switch the season switcher to summer, and switch your sim to Summer ... you will see boats and other water objects.

Also keep in mind that just because you switch the season with the season switcher, you are not "complete" unless you change the season in your sim to match it. A typical error is using the season switcher to go to Winter, but forgetting to change the sim to winter.  You will have the winter scenery with no ice on the lake. If we have put ice fishermen onto the lake for winter's ice, you will see ice fishermen fishing with tents on the water!  So when you change your season with the season switcher, make sure you change the season in your sim to match it.

I've just completed my first season switcher scenery (Klutina Outfitters). Now I can tell you from first hand experience how difficult creating this is. (Especially if you have a problem with IS3 crashing all the time, which I do). My hat is off to Brad and the people who have done this before as a matter of course. It is NOT easy.  For those of you who have not used the season switcher, you are missing something special, and missing MOST of the work that goes into creating such a location.

You can get the Season Switcher on the FAQ page under "S". There is a link to it on the top of the Scenery Page (links to the FAQ page). Read the instructions carefully, but you'll find it is very easy to do.

Doug