Author Topic: Alaska Adventures VA Tour with RTMM Scenery  (Read 5331 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Alaska Adventures VA Tour with RTMM Scenery
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
To advise that we have lots of flights and tours at Alaska Adventures VA which use RTMM scenery to enhance the trip. Some are active while others are not as they are more seasonal type flight legs.

Here is a listing of recent tours, consisting of flight legs that are built around RTMM scenery locations and RTMM scenery enhancements:

Tour 39. From the PNW to the Land of Mistys
Tour 40. Exploration into RTMM's CIRP (Part 1)
Tour 41. To the Summit and Beyond - CIRP (Part 2)
Tour 46. Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic (RTMM Snow Dog Tours - SDT1)
Tour 47. Along the Arctic Coastline (RTMM Snow Dog Tours - SDT2)
Tour 48. Vancouver Island Seaside Floats (Vancouver Island Project)
Tour 51. Into the Interior - C-47 Short Fields 2
Tour 52. RTMM's "Operation Barnstormers"
Tour 53. RTMM's "Dispatch 006" - The Lighthouses
Tour 54. Twin Otter Spotter - BC to the Gulf of Alaska
Tour 57. BC Lighthouses - Ocean Falls to Vancouver Harbour
Tour 59. Challenge of the Doratidi Trail (RTMM Snow Dog Tours - SDT3)
Tour 60. Seward-Chenega Bay POI Excursion
Tour 61. Exploration into the PFJ-Owikeno-Kimsquit Area
Tour 62. RTMMs The Lost Treasure of Timuquan (Based on Brad Allen's Timuquan Missions)
Tour 63. Kenai, Chugach and Prince William Sound Exploration (Tour opened this morning)

Each tour has it's own accompanying tour download with details, flight plans, skyvector map links and of course the scenery requirements. (We also have many other tours that run in the areas of Alaska, NWT, Yukon and BC that are not operationally dependent on RTMM scenery but by having all the pieces of RTMM scenery installed adds so many enhancements to all of these tours).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tour 63 that opened this morning and it's journey explores the area of Kenai, Chugach and Prince William Sound.

The trip begins at Nenana (PANN) travelling southward into the Kenai Peninsula and into Western Chugach: beginning at Mile Marker 13.5 along the Seward Highway heading North from Seward, Alaska and end at Mile Marker 46.0 which is just above the Summit Lake SPB (52Z) then eastward into Prince William Sound on the south coast of the Gulf of Alaska.

This trip contains exploration into many settlements on the sound, which contains numerous small islands; including Cordova and Whittier plus the Alaska native villages of Chenega and Tatitlek. Most of the land surrounding Prince William Sound is part of the Chugach National Forest; the second largest national forest in the U.S. Prince William Sound is ringed by the steep and glaciated Chugach Mountains. The coastline is convoluted, with many islands and fjords, several of which contain tidewater glaciers. The principal barrier islands forming the sound are Montague Island, Hinchinbrook Island, and Hawkins Island. So get ready for detailed exploration into these areas. This is a warm up tour of sorts ending at the largest port at the southern terminus of the Valdez. (In a later adventure, we will explore the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System itself starting at Valdez with the RTMM BWEP pipeline scenery add-on enhancements when complete).

If interested in flying in these areas, (RTMM scenery installed (of course) and might want to fly in a VA environment please feel free to pop by at Alaska Adventures VA and give it a whirl. Thanks to all the designers and creators here at RTMM for their hard work in creating all the scenery and enhancements which have built the RTMM world.

Norm
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:55:49 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Alaska Adventures VA Tour with RTMM Scenery
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »
Hi Norm,

That is very cool.  I especially like the new one since it includes the beautiful Western Chugach.

Rod

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »
Thanks Norm. I need to get back into it after getting my system back up and running. Looks like a nice way to do exactly that.

jsapair AKA1385
Jsapair

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 02:07:25 PM »
Indeed Rod: The Western Chugach - Part 1  is a splendid piece of work and many interesting POI which I tried to incorporate into the flight plans. A fun tour to try to design.. Kenai stuff*, your Chugach and Brad's Prince William sound:  *Halibut's Cove from many RTMM designers/creators, Norandex Mining Ops by Steve Weinkamer.. (Definitely looking forward to flying it with all the various scenery and poi locations.)

Right now I'm in the home stretch of Tour #61 (4 legs to go): nice trip too.. then will try to fly the 9 legs of #62-Brad's Timuquan (Based on the Missions) then tackle the 20 legs of #63 Kenai, Chugach and Prince William Sound Exploration. Kind of blast!!  (Nice to fly your own work!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaspair!!! You're all rebuilt? And summer vacation is over.. like almost time to saddle up in the Capt's seat and start up those engines again to enjoy getting up the air.  (Lots more to fly now to get back into it: (9 new tours since June 1st.. and most with the RTMM scenery touch). So welcome back.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:58:16 AM »
Hi Norm,

Glad you got Halibut Cove also.  That is a great location and one of my favorites.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »
Love all the Alaska Adventures. Keep up the great work Norm!

Brad

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »
Have yet to try a tour of any kind. Flew some destinations and cargo ops just to get some hours in the log book and see how things work. Looking forward to it, though, especially with the RTMM sceneries involved. Norm, if I have any questions, which I probably will, I'll ask them in your forums.

jsapair
Jsapair