Author Topic: Instant Scenery 3 (with P3D)  (Read 4606 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Instant Scenery 3 (with P3D)
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
I put in a ground polygon and select the texture as DIRT. It looks fine (#1 below) when I'm in IS3. But when I come out of it and reload the scenery, the wrong texture (not dirt) comes up. (#2 below).  Anybody have this problem/solution?

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Instant Scenery 3 (with P3D)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:13:14 AM »
Doug,
just a complete WAG but raise the elevation of the dirt strip above the existing terrain elevation and see if it shows correctly.
If it does it may need to be set a little higher elevation than stock IS3.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:13:25 AM »
Doug,
do you use latest version 3.07?
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
Hi ... Spud, it is "showing" ok, but just that wrong texture that keeps showing up.
Dieter ... yep, the new 3.07. And I reinstalled it taking out all the old stuff just to see if it was an install problem. It is working perfectly except it just only puts down that same texture for any ground polygon. I've worked with the polygons before, its how I make the grass and dirt strips ... never had the problem before.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Hi Doug,

I don't usually use IS to put in ground polys, however, the landclass of the scenery & terrain.cfg determines the final poly texture display when you choose one.  Since these have both been customized by ORBX, there will be a number of land classes textures that do not match the default.

Unfortunately, IS sets up its own engine for creating scenery including a temporary default landclass, so you see the default dirt texture when the IS engine is running, but when you restart without IS you are seeing textures generated by the customized ORBX terrain.cfg/landclass.   Bottom line, the default LC131 (Dirt) poly texture has been reset to golf courses by ORBX for their own needs, at least in SAK.  There are only so many landclass numbers, so ORBX and any other extensive developer has to overwrite unneeded default landclasses with their own special needs.  I have checked it out on my system along the pipeline and the default dirt poly texture shows up as golf course under the ORBX configuration.

I think the two airfield land classes (LC139 Airfield 1 & LC140 Airfield 2) work properly in ORBX Alaska, so try one of them.   Of course, photo real overlays could be used also to produce real looking dirt but that takes more time and skill.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:55:24 AM »
Well, that sure answers the question. I'll try the airfield ones and see if those work for me. Thanks Rod.
D

Doug

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »
Boy, a "rash" of probs. I updated with P3D V3.4 ... nothing but problems since. For IS3, I get the aggravating error about "Run One Time Only" ... don't remember how to fix that.

But I'm getting a G2D access error (103) when I go to click on IS3 when it comes up. It looks like it is doing something, but then P3D crashes to Desktop. If I don't run IS3, then I don't see that error and P3D works fine, so I think there is something wrong with IS3 (which was working fine last night). I've reinstalled P3D and the IS3 3.07. Same problem. It is IS3 related as you can see with the attached Pic:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:45:32 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
That usually means that the IS3 dll needs an update for v3.4.9 of P3D....if that is what you just updated to....

Rod

Doug

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:27:58 PM »
Yep, that's it. Funny though, I was using it fine last night. This morning, it didn't work. Probably was caching the old program or something.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »
It's such a pain that every time there's an update to P3D, you have to wait on the old programs to be updated. Eventually, the developers are going to say enough and then you'll be stuck with the last version of P3D that you paid for that will still use the old programs.

And on and on.... I'm staying with P3D 2.5 and not paying for the program again.

Maybe when they make the step up to 64 bit and the developers deliver 64 bit programs and the updates are there. I'm sure that will take a few years to get there.

Sorry, I'm just done trying to play catch up all the time.

Brad