Author Topic: New ORBX/FSS Merger Coming Nov. lst  (Read 3767 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
New ORBX/FSS Merger Coming Nov. lst
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:50:14 PM »
Just a 'heads up' because this merger will probably affect most of us. The upgrade to FTX Central 3 will be inclusive with these changes. Action on our part will need to be taken at that time. Here's the post from JV.

jsapair

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121100-orbxdirect-store-and-ftx-central-v3-launches-on-november-1st/

Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: New ORBX/FSS Merger Coming Nov. lst
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, interesting.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
Thanks, jsapair, that was fascinating reading....all 6 pages of posts.  There are a lot of positives in the new plan.  The most important part is that after November 1, you will get all new ORBX products, patches, updates etc. via FTX Central 3.  It sounds like upgrading to FTX Central 3, will require a one-time, permanent migration decision of your licenses from FSS.  You have to make the one-time decision to migrate to FTX Central 3 if you want anything new from ORBX after November 1.   In my opinion, the decision is pretty obvious since you have to migrate all your old products unless you want to permanently orphan some or all of your current ORBX products without possibility of patch in the future.

The only downside is that all of your current ORBX product backups will not be useable once you  have migrated those products (the decision to migrate is all or nothing) to FTX Central 3.  If you want backups, you will have to download them again (at your leisure) from ORBX (which owns your licenses after the migration). 

It is worthwhile reading the posts since there has been enough interchange back and forth between the users and ORBX to provide a pretty good understanding of the upcoming migration details.

Rod   

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »
If the 'migration' works according to what ORBX is saying it will of course orphan all FSS ORBX purchases if you migrate.  As Rod says if you do not migrate then any patches or future ORBX products are not available.  In a nutshell your (SOL) if you choose not to participate.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 02:41:10 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much how I read it too. Spud. They've got us by the gonads. Hey, sometimes the matador wins, sometimes the bull wins. (RE: Old bull gonad joke that I would be happy to relay on request).

jsapair
Jsapair

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Request ! The old bull gonade joke tickles my curiosity ... :D
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

jsapair

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:08 PM »
Okay, you asked for it. This American guy is touring Spain. Takes in a few bullfights and is totally captivated by the whole scenario. Man versus charging beast, defying death with every sweep of the cape, the roar of the crowd. He loved it all. Then, after talking to some locals, he discovered that a cafe in close proximity to the bull ring served fresh testicles as the specialty of the day; the bounty from the combat in the bull ring.
    As an American he was familiar with 'Rocky Mountain Oysters" and was quite fond of them. So he ordered the testicles and was quite pleased with the "bounty of the day". Fresher testicles could not be found anywhere in the world. For two weeks running he sat at his usual table and ordered the local wine and the testicles from the day's combat in the bull ring; deep fried to perfection. They were delicious.
   On this particular day he noticed that the testicles were noticeably smaller than usual. He called the waiter over and inquired as to why. The waiter shrugged and said:
   "Senor, sometimes the bull loses and sometimes he wins."
Jsapair

dbutterf

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 09:14:51 PM »
Thanks for the smile jsapair  ;D
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:59 AM »
Thank you for a hilarious joke. It had great success with my friends here in Switzerland :)
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348