Author Topic: A couple of FYIs  (Read 4712 times)

geezer

A couple of FYIs
« on: September 17, 2016, 08:21:15 PM »
1.  Using an RTMM flight plan starting a Misty's Place, the aircraft points in the wrong direction.  It's necessary to backup then taxi a 180 to take off.

2.  I flew from Misty's Place to Aiken Creek.  Nice flight.  Everything went fine.  Then I flew again in a different aircraft.  I don't know what happened but the destination area (Aiken Creek) was all covered up.  Tried again in still a different aircraft and the same happened.  If I had to guess I'd say the mesh raised up there but the same Orbx mesh was used in all flights, one after another.  I didn't change anything from one flight to another.  It's a puzzlement. 

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: A couple of FYIs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 05:05:37 PM »
Strange,
I just loaded the flight plan 'To Aiken Creek Camp RTMM from Misty's Place.pln dated 3/20/2016 and the starting point was at a 45° angle at the approach end of R/W 17.  The heading for leg one is 130° so R/W 17 is the closest R/W heading to leg one.
Plus the starting point of flight plans is not predicated on the heading of leg one necessarily.  In real life you start from a parking place and taxi to the R/W in use at the airport.  That runway is dependent on wind direction.
If you don't want a long taxi as in the case you cite then take off and make a turn in the shortest direction to leg one intercept.  Just like real life.
 8)

EDIT:
Aiken Creek camp scenery looks correct to me.  You do have Aiken Creek Scenery downloaded and installed in your sim, correct.
Remember flight plans are just that, a plan and contain no scenery.
Here is what I see at Aiken Creek.

(click on image to enlarge)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:27:54 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
There was something wrong with that flight plan. I think I fixed it. The starting point was "null" ... happens sometimes.  If you find any more, let me know.  Then new RTMM Flight Plans.zip is "up."

Doug

geezer

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »
Hi, that screenie is what I saw the first flight.  The next two flights, no.  I can only think there's something wrong on my end if it all works well for you guys.  I don't have a clue.  In the fjords all I have installed is Tongass and Orbx and all of RTMM.  I have the new flight plans.  I have each large scenery in a separate folder and the rest in one folder.  I have all the latest libraries. 

I'll do some more flying in the area over the next few days and report back.     

geezer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 07:54:55 PM »
I tried to make a post with a picture and have no idea how on your forum.  I tried to add the file as an attachment and it wouldn't post.  So just forget the whole thing.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »
When you are in the "reply" mode, where you are posting. Look below the white box you are typing in you will see an "attachments and other options. Click on it.  Below this a dropdown will open up that says "choose file" you click on that then go "browse" to find your picture. Once you find the picture, click on it. It will be posted under what you are typing. You can post up to four of these. If you want to post a second one, click on the "(more attachments) and you can choose another file.

Doug

geezer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »
That's what I did.  It put the file name in the box next to browse.  I then clicked post and nothing happened.

Doug

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
Let the browse function select it, ... find it, click on it, and the name should appear in that box.

geezer

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
I'll try again tomorrow

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 10:46:13 PM »
Check your file size and file format. Usually you get an error message if it's too big, though. When that's the case a little cropping usually does the trick.

Alignment: The AC will change position in the GPS once you get it moving and be on the correct path in most cases. Just my 2 cents.

jsapair
Jsapair

geezer

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 11:22:20 AM »
The problem with the incorrectly placed start at Misty's place was the flight plan.  I made a new plan going from Misty's place to Aiken and the start was in the correct location.

Toward the end of the flight, following the GPS along the waterways, I should have gotten to a more open water area with the cabin at the far end.  Instead I came to a land mass that blocked it all off.  I'll try again to post the pic. 

geezer

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
I got the pic to show up but it's not very clear.  Where the water ends, it shouldn't.  At least it didn't the in my first flight the
other day.  If you could read the GPS, you'd see it was almost the end of the flight.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 12:00:06 PM »
geezer,
the scenery is correct and shows in your screen shot.  Its just a cabin, pier, some jumping fish and a line of channel bouys where your supposed to land a float plane or amphibian and taxi to the pier.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 12:42:01 PM »
I had fixed the flight plan.

D

geezer

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 01:33:29 PM »
Ahhhhh.  I see it now.  Down and off to the right in the pic.  Ok.  Everything is fine.  I was tunnel vision in front.  Sorry for the hassle.  I need to look around more.   :o