Author Topic: Can't Find "Strobe Lights Library"  (Read 3833 times)

FalconAF

Can't Find "Strobe Lights Library"
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:05:15 AM »
I'm trying to install the CIRP's Soule Glacier (as a required scenery for a Medical Facilities addon).  The CIRP's Soule Glacier PDF says the below:

"OBJECTS FILE LIBRARIES
You will need to download the latest CeyX object library, the Strobe Lights Library and the
RTMM_Objects_Library. All of these can be found in the “Introduction to CIRP” table on the
CIRP web page."

I already have the CeyX and RTMM Objects libraries.  Can't find the Strobe Lights library.  When I click on the main C.I.R.P. page "Object Libraries" link at the top of the page under "Menu & Links" I get an "Error 404 - File Not Found" page. 

Where can I find the Strobe Lights library? NOTE - I downloaded and installed all 3 of the "main" ZIP object libraries when I first started installing RTMM stuff a few days ago.  But there isn't a Strobe Lights Library in any of them (unless I screwed something up after unzipping them and installing them...but I don't think that happened).

Thanks for the newbie help!   :o

EDIT:  Additional Question - There is a "Soule Glacier Routes" folder that has a subfolder "_notes" with the file "dwsync.xml" in it.  Don't see any instructions on what to do with it.  (I did move the "flightplans" from the Routes folder to where they belong already).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:13:45 AM by FalconAF »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Can't Find "Strobe Lights Library"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:09:46 PM »
Hello FalconAF,
     The PDF was written before the library conversion project.  I have the feeling the strobe light library has been integrated into the object library set we currently use.  They would have been converted for P3D/DX10 along with everything else.  Maybe Rod or Steve can confirm this? ???

You can leave the dwsync.xml file where it is, and ignore it.  I checked my system.  I have 68 occurrences of that file between my two flight sims.  All in  "_notes" folders.

When I click on the main C.I.R.P. page "Object Libraries" link at the top of the page under "Menu & Links" I get an "Error 404 - File Not Found" page.

Yep, there is a broken link there.  Doug should look into that.  But it's a link to the Object Libraries.  You've gotten those already.  Check if you've got strobe lights in your scenery.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:33:45 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

FalconAF

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 03:47:17 AM »
OK, thanks Jeff.  I do have strobe lights in the sceneries, so it makes sense that the consolidated libraries do have the stuff in them.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
Hi FalconAF,

The reference to the strobe lights library was to the FinneyAir_FSX_Strobe_Collection.  That collection was consolidated into the RTMM Libraries as part of the conversion process.  It is documented in the PDF that accompanies Part II of the RTMM Object Libraries.

Also, this excerpt answers your other question on dwsync.xml :

"When you put or get a file in Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and CS5, Dreamweaver locally stores the remote and local date/time stamps in files called dwsync.xml , which are located in hidden _notes folders in the same folder as the files being transferred."

So, dwsync.xml etc. is just leftover website tracking info that should not have made its way into the scenery file release.

Rod

FalconAF

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:06:41 PM »
Ah, OK.  Thanks Rod.  I have "Show Hidden Files and Folders" selected on my computer, so I was seeing the hidden_notes folder with the file, and going "Huh?"

Hazard of doing IT for the military during my 25+ years in the Air Force.  Ain't gonna let no computer hide any files or folders from ME!!!   ::)   :)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:25:28 PM »
Nothing incenses me more, or faster, than my machine telling me "you are not authorized..." Grrr. Please, Hal?
Jsapair