Author Topic: Steve's Fixer V3  (Read 9136 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Steve's Fixer V3
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »
Steve's DX10 Fixer ver3 has been released at the FSS.
Jsapair

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Steve's Fixer V3
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »
Great news! Thank you!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:03:20 AM »
Not yet available at FlightSim Store!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »
Uhh, it's been available at FSS store for the past 2 days already - since 23 August, just as jsapair posted.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493603-version-30-flightsim-store/
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
Hmmh... strange, I  always get "Product not found" when doing a search?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:37:52 PM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »
Uhh, it's been available at FSS store for the past 2 days already - since 23 August, just as jsapair posted.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493603-version-30-flightsim-store/

Sorry but that link is to AVSIM forum discussing the fixer.  Steve says he tested the installer written by the FSS.  However I have tried 5 different searches on the FSS site and every one come up with NOTHING!

If any one has an actual link to the download it would be nice to post it here for those who use DX10. 

(I'm not one of them but would like to see those that do, have the latest version of Steve's fixer.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:26:09 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 04:02:31 PM »
DX10 Fixer v3 is avaiable on FSS store....I just downloaded it there.

You can only download it if you are an existing customer on FSS store and you have already purchased DX10fixer there.
If this is the case, then go to FSS store homepage, choose my account button and check your download files. You will find the download zip-file there.
FSS store soled the DX10 fixer for Steve for some time. But meanwhile Steve sells the tool exclusively on his own webpage.
FSS store doesn't sell it anymore to customers. You can only get update files as an existing customer if you purchased the DX10 fixer in the past.

If you didn't purchase it already, then look on the following website. You have to buy it  directly from Steve's webpage
https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/dx10-scenery-fixer-will-be-temporarily-unavailable/

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »
Correct. Only available at FSS for users who originally bought it at there before they stopped selling it. My link above was to a forum post alerting original FSS purchasers that it's available to those users for upgrade. Sorry about the confusion.

Here's the Fastspring purchase link:

https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2016/03/29/22/12/unicorn-1289544_960_720.png
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 09:09:57 PM »
Correct. Only available at FSS for users who originally bought it at there before they stopped selling it. My link above was to a forum post alerting original FSS purchasers that it's available to those users for upgrade. Sorry about the confusion.

Here's the Fastspring purchase link:

https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2016/03/29/22/12/unicorn-1289544_960_720.png

The link is bad.  It takes you Pixabay free images page and nothing is available on that page.
 :-[
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 09:17:58 PM »
DX10 Fixer v3 is avaiable on FSS store....I just downloaded it there.

You can only download it if you are an existing customer on FSS store and you have already purchased DX10fixer there.
If this is the case, then go to FSS store homepage, choose my account button and check your download files. You will find the download zip-file there.
FSS store soled the DX10 fixer for Steve for some time. But meanwhile Steve sells the tool exclusively on his own webpage.
FSS store doesn't sell it anymore to customers. You can only get update files as an existing customer if you purchased the DX10 fixer in the past.

If you didn't purchase it already, then look on the following website. You have to buy it  directly from Steve's webpage
https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/dx10-scenery-fixer-will-be-temporarily-unavailable/

Good gawdamighty is Steve a loony or just paranoid.  The link in corbul1's post gets you to Steve's page and then you need to jump through more hoops to finally get to this:

"Version 3.0 Available
Posted on August 17, 2016   by stevefsx

Version 3.0 of DX10 Scenery Fixer is now available from  FastSpring  for new  and existing customers.  It is also available to existing customer from The Flight Sim Store.

If you purchased from FastSpring then the download link that you received by email when you purchased should become valid again and allow you to download the new version.

If you have lost your download link then send me an email to the stevefsx email address at yahoo and I will sort it out.

If you purchased from the Flight Sim Store  then log onto your account there to download the updated version.

3.0 Changes are

Several fog improvements and fixes.

Added fogging of the Sun!
    Fixed a bug whereby the Axis fix stopped high level clouds being fogged.
    Improved the fogging of taxiways in dense fog when they could appear blue!
    Ignore effects.cfg file when looking for changed effects – this was causing false alerts for customers with Flusifix
    First Time Installation Dialog for new customers.
     Moved Debug Options to top menu
    Fix to handle for broken tangents within some models which caused e.g black stripes with a few Virtavia models
    Added SpecialFeatures in DX10.ini to assist with some After Burner Effects that did not work
     Bug Fix: 2nd system Effects were not updating configuration correctly so settings looked wrong
    Bug Fix: Rain dialog wasn’t setting ASN value.

Whilst those might perhaps sound an uninteresting set of changes, Version 3.0 also has provision for using the Sim Connect API which I plan to use in some new add on modules for the fixer.

Update  19th August – I have uploaded a minor revision that removes the diagnostics warning about AMD drivers as I now believe that the latest AMD drivers are ok."

I though ORBX purchases were convoluted but this is beyond belief!   :o ???

8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
If you were a DX10 Fixer user or follower for any length of time then that post would make perfect sense. As they say "You had to be there."
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
KISS!
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 09:03:52 PM »
 I opted to rcv product update notifications which link right to my account at FSS. Makes it easy.
Jsapair