Author Topic: RTMM Legacy Collection  (Read 5412 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM Legacy Collection
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 10:01:27 AM »
Well, we are "shifting" the game a little here, going from one way to do it to (I hope) a better way. So it is easy to get a little mixed up.  I think now we have a better process for beginners ... but we kind of have to detach the old way.   Appreciate your comments.

D

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 04:54:20 PM »
I agree. It's time to remove "Legacy" as it was only created to appease the few that were not happy with having to download individual scenery. Well, that's what we do best so, that should stay as our main focus.

Lose Legacy. You have my permission.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Rod

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »
I also agree with the call here.  :) I also had confusion before when new to RTMM. After initially installing the combined 30+ introductory Legacy Collection package of scenery objects thinking I already have all the updates, sounds, effects, etc. etc. then later found out that it only contained the basic scenery objects without enhancements (e.g. I didn't hear the drunks singing, birds, wolves howling, etc.  ;D) but later figured out that these were included in the individual downloadable scenery links under the Scenery tab. Though not that tedious, it was a repeated task of re-downloading each legacy scenery again, deleting the old ones and replacing it each with the individual, "more complete" ZIP file, unzipping and reactivating them again-all these could have been done one time and will only be updated infrequently when one reads the NOTAMs for changes/updates. A possible compromise approach between newbies (to avoid the confusion of hunting for each Legacy scenery among the extensive collection) and those that become regular RTMM users later (to avoid reinstallation, if abhorred even as once too many!) would be to maintain a Legacy Collection "list only" with links redirecting to each of the individual 30+ Legacy Collection scenery objects with some simplified instructions and its trademark LC logo.. This way, newbies won't get discouraged and will have an easier head start, not headache  ???. Just sharing some thoughts here FWIW  ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:00:32 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 08:40:08 AM »
I've taken it off the site. It served the purpose well and filled in a blank. But we have a better system in place now.  So onwards and upwards. :-)

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 09:11:23 AM »
Legacy Collection is dead,   :'(   Long Live the Legacy Collection!   ;)   Bury that sucker!   ::)

8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »
Then so be it..So it was written and now it is done...Amen! :'(  :o ;D

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

FalconAF

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
It's all good.  I felt the same way several years ago when I realized I was still archiving all of my FS9 purchased scenery products on one of my external hard drives. Was taking up a large amount of space, and I also had all my purchased FSX products archived on the same drive in a different folder directory.  It took me a few days to finally decide to do it ("Well, ya never know...even though I haven't used FS9 in almost 7 years...I MIGHT decide to install it again....NOT!"), I finally hit the Delete button on the FS9 archive folder.  Felt like I was killing my favorite pet, but I got over it in a few days.   ;D

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 10:53:42 PM »
Doffing the chapeau as we speak, with a toast, to the Legacy Collection boys. It served its purpose well. To Infinity and beyond!

jsapair
Jsapair