Author Topic: Another library thing.  (Read 8766 times)

pivo11

Another library thing.
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »
Folks,

I must begin by expressing my gratitude to you all, I don't say it enough.  I thank you three times.

However, I think I cocked something up.  I did a new install of FSX and all went well.  I re-downloaded all of your recommended libraries, installed them and when I started FSX this is what I got:

I looked in the Scenery.cfg and couldn't find anything glaring.  So, not being anykind of expert with scenery stuff, could someone please tell me how to sort this out?  Spud would know, three will get you five.

Cheers,
Fritz

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Another library thing.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:58:53 PM »
This is caused by deleting a scenery file from your hard drive without removing the reference to it in your scenery library first. In other words, your scenery library file thinks it still exists when in fact you deleted it. The easiest way to fix this is to put the scenery back on your hard drive, delete it from your scenery library, and then delete it from your drive again. You should be able to recover it from your recycle bin.

Come to think of it, although I don't think I ever tried this, you might just be able to load your sim and delete it from your scenery library list without having to reinstall the scenery.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

pivo11

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 03:23:14 AM »
Hey, Steve,
Thanks for your reply but I don't understand.  This is a new install of all the libraries, I haven't deleted anything, I installed the libraries for the first time and got the error messages.  Are you saying that I should delete them and start over? 

Cheers,
Fritz

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 03:51:17 AM »
Hello Fritz,

problems of missing scenery errors are often reported by users.

1. One reason might be a wrong wording in the scenery.cfg

Here is how it looks in my installaion:

[Area.131]
Title=AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D
Local=Addon Scenery\AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Please check every line  exactly if folder names in scenery.cfg are conform with installation names
Compare correct setting of dashes, underline characters and spaces
(my Area no. will be different from yours of course)

2. Does each of the problem folders have the two subfolders:
- scenery
- texture

3. If all of this doesn't help try a "simple" folder name avoiding these many dashes and underlines just like in my example.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:37:42 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 05:19:47 AM »
The possibility that your scenery.cfg database has wording errors in it is 99.99% impossible so I wouldn't spend my time proof reading it. Are you only getting that error with the 3 that you listed? If so, most likely you made an error by pointing to the wrong folder(s) that contain the scenery files when you activated them in your scenery library. Look at your scenery library in the sim and double check that you have pointed to the actual scenery folders and not some other ones by mistake.

There's a great and easy to use program that you can use to set up your scenery files outside of your sim that will instantly tell you if you have errors like this. A lot of us use it. It works for FSX as well as P3D.

YouTube video that shows what it does and how it works

More info and where to get it
http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:33 AM »
+2 on the SCE program. Couldn't do without it.
Jsapair

pivo11

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »
Yeah, I have SceneryConfigEditor.  That's what I used to install the libraries.  It is only those three areas that show errors.  I've deleted everything and reinstalled and the problem persists.  I guess I'll verify all the entries in Scenery.cfg and see if there's something there.  I'm at a loss.

Cheers,
Fritz 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:30:20 AM by pivo11 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »
Strange. If you're getting this kind of error the Scenery Config Editor will detect them and they'll show up as a red triangle in the list. Your pointers are definitely pointing to the wrong folder when those kind of errors pop up. Notice for example that in the middle screenshot in your initial post (Area 150, CeyX) doesn't point to a scenery folder.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »
Fritz, can you post a snap shot of your SCE that includes those 3 libraries?
Jsapair

pivo11

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 05:59:31 AM »
Here you go, Jsapair, sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Fritz

BBQSteve

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
Just a suggestion, but make sure your editor is pointed to the correct scenery.cfg file. I have found several on my system. One located in Program Data\Microsoft\FSX, one in Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and then the one in the FSX root. Just sayin........

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »
Just a suggestion, but make sure your editor is pointed to the correct scenery.cfg file. I have found several on my system. One located in Program Data\Microsoft\FSX, one in Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and then the one in the FSX root. Just sayin........

Yep, I notice the file displayed is actually the "newscenery.cfg" file.  Not "scenery.cfg".  You wouldn't want to make all your edits to that one by mistake.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 05:49:25 PM »
Like I said above, not pointing to the right files. FSX doesn't read newscenery.cfg. Right folder, wrong file! This also explains why Scenery Config Editor didn't flag it as an error. 99% of the time it's just something simple and overlooked.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 12:12:24 AM »
Fritz, do you see what we're saying here? For instance your RTMMTwo in SCE should point to Addon Scenery\RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D\Scenery. You are missing the \Scenery part of the equation. Make sure your Library folder doesn't have a sub folder with the same name that you should be activating rather than the main folder.  Delete those areas in SCE and re-install paying attention to the above.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 07:30:39 AM »
In SCE you can save newscenery.cfg as scenery.cfg in the same folder using "file/save as" and everything should be OK -  as long as all of the other scenery pointers in newscenery.cfg are correct.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support