Author Topic: TransCanada Highway  (Read 3158 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
TransCanada Highway
« on: May 12, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Flying the TransCanada Highway, making auto-routes with new VFR Flight planner, testing it. Basically following the highway. This is over Quebec flying beside the St Lawrence.  I've not flown this route before, although I have been to many places along the way. The highway runs from St Johns Newfoundland to Prince Rupert, BC.

Doug

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Re: TransCanada Highway
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
Nice shot Doug. seems you are getting a handle with that new flight planner. Nice paint on that Beech Barron as well. Good luck with your road trip.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:52:24 PM »
I plan to be on the TransCanada Highway about a week from now in Banff National Park.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:33:23 AM »
We did Banff and Jasper last summer. Unbelievable, mind boggling scenery everywhere.Traveled across Canadian plains on the way home to Ohio on Yellowhead Highway portion of Trans Canada from Edmonton to Winnipeg, then next branch to Thunder Bay and down to Sault St. Marie. A LONG drive. The Trans Canada Highway has several branches and next month I'll be traveling the branch from North Bay, Ontario northward. More beautiful scenery; thousands of lakes. Going into very remote Quebec bush, arctic watershed, on a fly-in fishing trip. Mosquitoes here I come.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:56:37 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »
On the last leg. Left Prince George and am heading to Prince Rupert. The first of our scenery locations came into view, Endacko Mine.  The TransCanada highway goes past it about 5 miles to the north. Feel like I'm "coming home" ... (Returning to Misty Moorings?).   This has been an interesting journey. I've personally been to several places along the route (I used to work for the Paper Industry and visited many mills across Canada). Seeing the (former) St Regis Mill at Hinton come into view was a nice piece of nostalgia. But seeing the whole country on a trip like this is an eye opener.

The new VFR Flight Planner is working perfectly.  I have 9 legs to this trip. When finished I'm going to try a new feature on the program "adding" the routes together. Hopefully, I'll have one plan for folks to try.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:36:01 AM by Doug »

John

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »
That sounds great, Doug....I'll look forward to that  8)

John

Doug

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:33:38 PM »
Made it!  That was quite a journey, it is good to be "home." Attached is a zip file with the 9 legs, starting in New Brunswick and ending at Prince Rupert.  Its a beautiful country, I'm glad I did this.  All of the flight plans were done with the new VFR Flight Plan program. I've really put it through its paces ... it is my "go to" flight planner from now on. Had to test it out ... this was a pretty good test! 

The zip is attached ...

Enjoy ...

Doug
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:35:34 PM by Doug »

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 10:01:55 PM »
 8)
 Wow ! Thanks for the flight plan file! Got to try this !
 LOL
 Sue