Author Topic: Old man baffled by signs at Misty's Place.  (Read 5348 times)

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
Old man baffled by signs at Misty's Place.
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
Perhaps someone can tell me what these signs by the lake are supposed to represent.

My scenery settings are not way up there but everything is bright and very clear.
Got to like those new doors on the hanger :)

P.S. The image is attached although I initially wanted to have it inline.
Seems that just attaching results in the image being visible in the post.
What are the file-size qnd/or px limitations for images?

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:20:42 PM by canuck21a »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Old man baffled by signs at Misty's Place.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
Hi ... look at the "overview" at Misty's Place.  Look where the "amphib ramp" is located. You'll find those signs tell you to enter the water there ... because that's where we put the gravel for the ramp. :-)  You'll also find those same signs at Lucky Lindy's. There (cross yourself twice before trying) you land on a dirt road ... the little white signs indicate the landing area.

Try an amphib at Misty's Place and take it into the water between the signs, then turn to the right and follow the Misty Canal ... kind of a fun way to get to the take off area on Bostwick Inlet.

That help?

Doug

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I sort of guessed that those signs were for keeping the aircraft within some location.
Now for some more reading before I ask more quesions.

Dan

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

P.S. The image is attached although I initially wanted to have it inline.
Seems that just attaching results in the image being visible in the post.
What are the file-size qnd/or px limitations for images?
600px for inline.   It will automatically scale attachments to 600px as well (to avoid messing up the layout of the forum.   If they are resized upon uploading, they will be clickable, and expand to full view via a gallery functionality. (click on your image above to preview)   :)

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
What I like about a question like that ... everybody gets to learn something from it.  So there's no "dumb" questions on this forum.  Keep them coming.  Dan got to answer the question on the attachments and others will now know what the little white signs are for. 

I had the same thoughts when I first flew to Lucky Lindy's. Looking around for a place to put it down ... saw airplanes on the ground ... (now where the heck did Kim put the runway THIS time?:-).  Ah, I wonder what those little white signs mean ... maybe, just maybe??? Yep .. that's where you land on the road passing by.  The little signs were new to me too.  All kinds of "fun" things tucked into these great locations!

Doug