Author Topic: Gotta' chainsaw  (Read 4264 times)

av8erjm

Gotta' chainsaw
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »
yesterday I was flying some of the flight plans and went to one that depart CAF2 Bella Bella Campbell Island and here were all these bushes and trees down the runway and in the tarmack. Remembering what my flight instructor told me when you do something while flying the airplane and things go sideways, fly the airplane and undo what you just did to see if that corrects the problem. So in looking to see what the last scenery I loaded was, it was one from Orbx called Orbx!OpenLC_NAMERICA2, I unchecked it in the Scenery Library in FSX and low and behold the foliage is gone. Don't know why, but am curious if anyone else ran into this problem at any other airport or if anyone else is using this scenery file

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Gotta' chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:30:33 AM »
Jim, is it possible that you may have a duplicate scenery from some place else? I had the same problem and that's what it was. It was a 3rd party scenery. Un-clicking it in SCE and fixing it kind of proves that point.
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »
     Was that file the next to last Orbx entry in your scenery library?  It is on my system, below everything else except the OpenLC Base.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »
Jsapair, I wouldn't think so, it's an Orbx product and I don't think they allow any usage of their object libraries by anyone else, but I guess anything is possible

Jeff, the ORBX installer when installing put the LC files in the order, orbx!openlc europe1, orbx!openlc namerica1, orbx!openlc namerica2, orbx!openlc base and then all the other ORBX regions and airports are listed below that. All the RTMM and other sceneries are above the ORBX insertion point. I thought it was weird that the installer put them at the top of all the other ORBX folders, but I assumed the installer knew what it was doing so I didn't change them. I'll try putting the lc folders at the bottom of the orbx products  but above the default entries and get back to you

Edit, Well Jeff once again you nailed it I moved all 4 lc entries to the bottom of the ORBX ones and it fixed it. I guess the axiom, you know what happens when you assume, proved positive at least in my case, thanks for the vectors
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:26:28 PM by av8erjm »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
Yay!   ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
There is a specific order for files to be placed in the FSX Scenery Library.  Start FSX Central v2 look in the lower left corner and click on ORBX GUIDE and scroll to Page 38 for a table of the correct order of file types in the Libary.
 8)
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:49 PM »
Spud, I knew that  LC folders are always suppose to go to the bottom, but for some reason when I installed them they went to the top, so I assume, error on my part, that ORBX wanted it that way defying logic n' reasoning. Once a again assume made an ass out of me. Once again though the Yoda's here are always here to give me the correct vectors, thanks to one and all

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
Nope!
ORBX for some reason goofed on the LC and you have to re-position them any time they are disturbed.  Just like if you ever do a "repair" with FSX it wipes out your Global Textures and FTX Global Base has to be re-installed.
 8)
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »
good to know, I'll write that one down, used to commit to memory, but that ship has sailed