Author Topic: RTMM mistyHAWK  (Read 4863 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
RTMM mistyHAWK
« on: April 11, 2016, 02:06:27 PM »
Hello,
I created a paintscheme for a helo I wanted to have in RTMM colors for a long time.....the Cerasim Sikorsky UH60L Blackhawk payware helicopter as the mistyHAWK.

Basically a military helo, but the USArmy recently sold some of these great helos to private operators. So I thought it`s nice having this versatile uttility helicopter in the RTMM fleet.

The Cerasim payware UH60L Blackhawk is really nice looking. Lot`s of triggers and buttons in the cockpit. And the 3D model offers some nice eyecandy.

I have added some screenshots of the mistyHAWK.
It`s nearly finished.....there are only some lines left to be corrected.

I hope you like the mistyHAWK.....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: RTMM mistyHAWK
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
.....some more!!!

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:09:33 PM »
Close ups.......

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »
...and the cockpit

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »
Really mean looking Klaus! I wish I knew how to fly helicopters and could try it out.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »
Such a badass artwork Klaus!  8) Now, I can sideline as a private SAR contractor/helo operator in case the USCG can't get to the distress site on time to save the day or night..   ;D

Steve,

IMO, flying helos are not that difficult though it requires determination, lots of practice and better understanding of its complex flight behavior not experienced with its fixed-wing counterparts  as it requires constant, coordinated inputs of at least 3 controls (cyclic, collective and pedals) simultaneously once it leaves the ground or LZ. It's just like fixed-wing during forward flight and mainly differs only during transitional flight-from hovering to forward flight and vice-versa. That's why very few fly it because of the challenge and patience required to handle it. But the rewards are indescribable once you learn how to fly it (no need for runways or airstrips would be one)  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:15:36 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 09:39:25 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. I spent an evening of frustration on it a long time ago and gave up in disgust with myself. Maybe I should revisit it sometime.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 10:46:06 PM »
Way cool paint scheme, Klaus.

I never managed to land on the top of the Tokyo skyscraper back in the original Mission Tutorials. Haha. I've got a few in the hangar that I dust off from time to time but with the same results. Obviously something you need to dedicate some to.
Jsapair

Trex3D

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
No problem Steve ;)  BTW, I previously posted here in RTMM some useful tips and practice exercises:

A few more cents to add what has been said by the other guys in case you or anyone interested need these FWIW:

1) Understanding basic helicopter flight dynamics behaviors (pitch, roll, yaw, vertical lift/thrust, etc.) and how each responds to its various control inputs (cyclic stick, collective/throttle and pedals) are critical to flying a helo properly.  Many that don't pay much attention or skip this part thinking its very similarly controlled to that of fixed wing aircraft end up in frustration or simply quit and find flying helos difficult, not enjoyable which is quite the opposite.. ;) It's true that flying a helicopter demands more concentration and manual multi-tasking skills compared with fixed wing but it can be more manageable with persistence and frequent practice..until it becomes instinctive or "second nature" not to mention the challenge and that exhilarating feeling that you can fly something which very few can (without crashing).. ;D

2) Every helicopter flight begins/ends with a hover after/before touchdown. Try to practice and master fundamental hovering maneuvers like the stationary hover (10-15 ft. AGL, zero groundspeed, fixed heading and altitude, preferably over a helipad as position reference), hover taxi (10-15 kts. forward flight, 20-25 ft. AGL at a constant heading) as well as pedal turns (starting from a stationary hover on a certain heading and try turning left/CCW and then right/CW 360 degrees while maintaining a constant altitude). In addition, you may also do pedal turns at a controlled rate in 90 degree increments, pausing momentarily after each turn, until you return to the original heading, both CW and CCW. Gently compensate with cyclic controls to arrest any drift and attempt to move back to the center of the helipad or estimated position using reference point/s before proceeding. Keep turns as tight as possible. Practice these until you are comfortable doing it and you'll be ready for advanced maneuvers as well as do cool tricks like what Steve Downing has depicted in his Eddystone Rock medevac screenshots!  8) But even with an autopilot, you still have to transition to your desired position, heading and altitude with a stable hover before engaging it to do other tasks... Master hovering techniques and the rest should be easier..

3) A good flight stick with throttle/collective control capability (and at least with a twist-grip for rudder/yaw control) and set of pedals (better) are a must for properly flying a helicopter. I've heard from others claiming in using a yoke or even a keyboard with mouse instead of a joystick but yet to see if they can do stable hovers and precision landings with these..  :o

4) Unless you have chosen your favorite helo and accustomed to flying it more than any other, the stock FSX Bell 206B III Jet Ranger is a good trainer to practice since it's tame, easy to hover, has basic VC navigation functionality and good outside visibility (important also for peripheral situational awareness). In P3D v3, the default helos are the Robinson R22 and H60 Blackhawk that's included by default right? But if you have any helo (freeware or payware) that fits the criteria above, then it should at least serve the purpose..

I know these are a lot to take if you want to fly a helo confidently but each can be progressively done in small steps. Hence, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE... Also remember that it is not only WHAT you practice with, but HOW you practice that's equally important... Good luck and godspeed :)

"You don't fly a helicopter, you FEEEL her.."  :)

EDIT: BTW, here's a video link on how to do a stationary hover: https://youtu.be/GaQr-pQjBHo

P.S. Klaus, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread.. :-[ Just reassuring some of our interested friends here that the mysterious reputation of helicopters being difficult to fly is a bit overrated IMO and maybe you can attest to that being a fellow rotor pilot. Anyway, this is still helicopter-related right? ;D Kudos to your latest MistyHawk masterpiece.. Eagerly awaiting for its release  :-*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:54:45 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »
Hi all,
I´m glad you like it, thank you!

the mistyHAWK is now finished and uploaded to Enhancement section....

Here are some more pictures showing the final released textures.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:07 AM »
and these ones...

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »
the rotors....

Trex3D

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
Super cool and impressive Klaus!  8)