Author Topic: Don't forget the Water!  (Read 6057 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Don't forget the Water!
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:46 PM »
When you really want to see just how great the ORBX scenery really is ... get down on the water and enjoy a boat ride!  Here is the Smit-Rotterdam in Prince William Sound heading for Sawmill Bay.  This boat tracks the GPS beautifully. So you can grab your Kindle, a nice cup of coffee, put your feet up and relax.  A great way to get some 'downtime'.

Doug

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: Don't forget the Water!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:37 AM »
Hi NICE dusk screen,  that relax himself .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
Beautiful picture, Doug!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:41:52 AM »
It was a lovely trip ... more exciting to see the beauty of it on the video HERE.  As I watch TwitchTV and see the pilots flying, I'll never quite understand why people spend money for the ORBX type sceneries, then leave the airport they paid for and downloaded and head up to 3000+ feet where you can't see any of what you purchased. Folks are really missing their "money's worth" by now flying DOWN in the scenery.  The ultimate way to "get down" is in the boats.   I picked up 6 followers last night during this trip and they were asking me a lot about the boats ... many didn't realize you could run boats in a flight simulator.   I'll probably have to do more boating trips.

Doug

PS. the video was shot with "winter" and "real weather".  The hour was 8 at night, so the sun just hangs on the horizon and doesn't set even though I put in "dusk".  I'll be adding some boat plans to the RTMM Flight Plans.zip ... I may make an RTMM Watercraft Plans.zip and keep them separate, then download those from the Moorings Page.  It would be very possible to start at Vancouver and take the Inland Passage up to Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka. We have ship models (free) that would give you a cruise ship. Turn it loose in Vancouver and take the cruise!  All kinds of possibilities.

(Thanks Corbu and Patrick!)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:53:36 AM by Doug »