Author Topic: RTMM's- Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic Snow Dog's Tour - March 1st, 2016  (Read 10065 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
The Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic SDT VA Adventure  - At Alaska Adventures -  http://www.flyaka.com/

Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic Adventure is a new tour that features custom RTMM addon scenery that showcases not only Snow Dogs Tours (SDT) of Alaska but Return to Misty Moorings and Alaska Adventures with custom locations to visit along the way. This tour is active March 1st, 2016.

The RTMM add-on scenery for this tour is contained within the tour download on the Alaska Adventures site.
At each location, you will find that there are new RTMM and SDT/Alaska Adventures hangars present at most of the airports covered by this VA tour.  (Thanks to Brad Allen for the story line, the add-on scenery and the design of this tour).

The recommended aircraft for this adventure is the Maule M-7 260C "Orion". It's great for short fields, cruises fast, a good climb rate, maneuverability and the aircraft visibility is good. 

We hope you enjoy the Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic VA Adventure. 

Thanks again Brad for all your help in the design of this tour and for the special addon scenery.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Is the RTMM add-on scenery for the mentioned above(Anchorage, Denali and the Arctic SDT VA Adventure), available for download, to those of us that are not flying members at Alaska Adventures?.

I am on the  Alaska Adventures forums page etc.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
The tour download, which contains the scenery, is contained on the "Downloads" page but it is hidden until log-in. (Free pilot member then free access).   

After log-in, the tour downloads are all accessible from the main page under downloads. The downloads for each tour contain a tour document, map/route, flight plans (.pln) and skyvector links for each leg, and additionally, for this tour, the it also contains the add-on scenery piece.

Norm
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:19:08 AM by nbrich1 »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
FYI, I sent Doug the archive for the scenery of this tour to be uploaded to our scenery page. I'm sure that he will get that up as soon as he gets the chance to do that.

Look for an update on the NOTAM page and then it'll be available under "S" on our scenery page.

Brad

GrayRider

Thanks for the update Brad.

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
Thanks Brad, Glad that the scenery will be available to all here on the RTMM and as well on the VA site for that tour.   

Norm
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:32:07 AM by nbrich1 »

simurq

It's great to have this tour onboard, finally... :) Great thanks to Brad and Chris, nice job!!! It'll be fun to fly along the route before the end (?) of winter season...

One question though: when I read the included Readme for the latest Snow Dog Tours Part I, I noticed that it's not meant to be used with Chris's original scenery since some of the objects will end up out of place. Does it also mean that we need to disable the "Klawock Snow Dog Tours Operations Base" also available in the Scenery database?

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:26:51 PM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Vugar,
the original Snow Dog Tours scenery is not totally compatible with RTMM due to misplaced objects etc. The Klawock SDT Ops Base scenery is RTMM scenery using just various objects from the original SDT with permission.  It does not have to be disabled. 
Snow Dog Tours (original) scenery is not compatible with RTMM scenery and that scenery is what must not be included if your using RTMM scenery.
 8) 
Later,

Spud

simurq

Roger that... Thanks for a prompt clarification, Spud!!!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

GrayRider

Nice RTMM Snow Dog Tour.

I saw the info in the NOTAMs section. I installed the tour about an hour ago. I did a quick visit to all the locations.
One of the locations. PALR(Chandalar Lake), there isn't anything at this location?. I went back to the download, and in the scenery folder of the tour. I noticed the PALR BGL isn't there?. Maybe the ICAO code is different. Not sure though.

I noticed on the fields. The locations that have the rotating beacon tower, with the beacon. The beacon itself isn't working/rotating?.
maybe I'm missing an effects file, or what might control the beacon, to make it work. Maybe someone here knows what file I might be missing, and where I can get it etc.

THX

GrayRider 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:30:44 PM by GrayRider »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Grayrider,

The files are working correctly for you. I didn't add any rotating beacons to any of the scenery, so those are a part of the airports that are being visited. As far as the scenery at Chandalar Lake, it's just a stop over point. No scenery was done for that stop.

Brad

GrayRider

Ok.

Thanks for the update Brad.

GrayRider

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Flew the first six legs of Snow Dog Tours today with Norm on TwitchTV. We had a blast. Landed at the wrong Clear airport. :-). Used about a half tank of navgas trying to find the hangers at Fairbanks!  Right there in the middle! Beautiful job on that one Brad. We taxied up the ramp then taxied back down in the amphibian, took off and re-landed at the lake. REALLY COOL! You can see our adventures in the MistyMoorings channel. I'm going to keep flying Snow Dogs for a while, taking a break from the autoroute project. A very relaxing way to fly ... I'm enjoying it. And you should enjoy it too. It is right there for your taking.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Flew through leg 10 on the Snow Dog Tours from FlyAKA. These are a lot of fun. The leg from Arctic Angel to Duffy's Tavern is one you will not forget! I've got them posted up on TwitchTV ... latest is [urhttp://www.twitch.tv/mistymoorings/v/52806428]HERE[/url]. This vid capture is for legs 8 9 and 10. Fairbanks to Arctic Angel, Arctic Angel to Duffy's Tavern and Duffy's Tavern to Eagle.  Jump on board with FlyAKA ... these are well-done flight plans.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
The VA part is not hard at all after you do it once.. The Blubox acars is quick and easy.. after the sim is up and the flight is loaded up, start up that bluebox, load the flight# hit the button to get the flight leg info.. and start.. fly away... When you have made it to the destination, just hit stop flight in the bluebox and then send flight report... and that flight is done...

Well Doug, you're doing good on twitch and that XPOI is a nice tool along with your gauge package that runs on the bottom right side... Just finishing watching your the latest vids.. (I missed you live)... but nice job Sir on the legs.

Norm

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:07:41 PM by nbrich1 »