Author Topic: Anyone Ran Into This Plan G issue  (Read 5406 times)

macpilot

Re: Anyone Ran Into This Plan G issue
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »
Guys,

The reason I want v3.0.2.51 is if you look at my first post in this thread that was the version that worked the way I described in that post.

Thank You.

Bill

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »
Mac,
didn't say what sim your having a problem with (FSX or P3D)  Here is a cut n' paste from the Plan-G site download page.  NOTE that 3.1.3 is NOT for P3D at this time

PLEASE NOTE: *** DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT VERSION FOR YOUR OS! (XP or Win7/8) ***
3.1.3 is Windows 7/8/10 only at this time — please see forum for details
Plan-G v3.1.1 Manual 9.65 MB
v3.1.1 Manual (English)
Note: Manual is included in main package

Not up on using KMZ files at all but that seems to be the controlling factor here.  Suggest you import all Dieter's .csv files and use those so the info shows while hovering cursor over locations depicted in Plan-G.
 8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:10:19 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
Just installed Plan-G v3.1.3.113.  Latest version from Tim's software page.
I select the View button from the Home tab then select Information to display an Information box in upper right corner and when I place cursor on a green dot or other items showing in the Map the info shows up in the Information box as it should.
How KMZ file display I do not know as I do not use Google Earth etc. and have no need for KMZ's
 8)
Later,

Spud

macpilot

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 04:28:02 PM »

If you read my first post in this thread the previous version I mentioned was v3.0.2.51. With that version I was able to hover the mouse over cabins etc to get a description/name of the cabin or glacier (snow flake) which I can't do with V3.1.3. This exists in both FSX and P3D. This just like FSDiscover for FSX gave me the name of each. For me this was a nice feature that I used primarily in P3D since no FSdiscover.

Dieter I would be interested to try v3.0.3 56 if possible.

I know this is a small thing just something I miss.

Thank You.

Bill

macpilot

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »
sorry Spud didn't see your previous post. Before my last reply. But the KMZ issue still doesn't work in Windows 7 FSX. I'll check into Dieter .csv files.

Thank You.

Bill

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 09:49:44 PM »
Hi guys. I'm using the new 3.1.3.113 in FSX, WIN 7 64 with no issues. Green dots display info, etc. In the older versions I would only see the blue planes, etc., if I did a KMZ overlay...transposing a GE map over the Plan-G screen...but I don't even see that option in the new version. There is, under Home, Bookmarks an option to show/clear KML files, however. You might give that a shot and see what happens.

jsapair
Jsapair

macpilot

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »
First, I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone who participated in this thread.

After downloading Dieter's .csv files. I found that they supply the information I wanted. Thank You Dieter!

I will be staying with the current version of Plan G. Thanks again to Dieter. I did receive the older version of Plan G. But since your .CSV files provide me with what I wanted. I will not need it.

Thank You.

Bill

Dieter

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
That's a good decision. These userwaypoints provide all necessary informations in Orbx/RTMM areas.
Happy flights.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 11:39:31 PM »
Glad to hear it, Bill. Can't thank members like Dieter and Rustam enough for the work they do 'behind the scenes'. Along with the rest of the RTMM team of course, which goes without saying.

jsapair
Jsapair