Author Topic: Anyone Ran Into This Plan G issue  (Read 5444 times)

macpilot

Anyone Ran Into This Plan G issue
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
I have just installed Plan G Ver3.1.3. In previous versions I was able to hover the mouse over a green cabin or snow flake etc  and get a description of what the item is representing. In this version I get no descriptions. The only descriptions I get are at some airports (airplane) no anchors. I have contacted Tim on this and he said he would look into it. I'm posting here to see if anyone else has experienced it. And if anyone has any ideas. These are the KMZ files from Orbx sceneries.

Thank You.

Bill

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Anyone Ran Into This Plan G issue
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 01:19:28 PM »
Mac,
after installing the new version you have to rebuild the database.
Later,

Spud

macpilot

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »
Spud,

I have rebuilt both FSX and P3D data bases.

Thank You.

Bill

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 06:57:38 PM »
Hi Macpilot,

Did you re-check and configure properly the paths under Build Navigation Database>Settings>Database Build Options before rebuilding your Plan-G database?

Also, did you 'check' the boxes for Map Overlays and Tool Tips under View?

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

macpilot

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »
Treax3D,

Yes I did everything you suggested.

Can anyone explain how to remove all Plan G files from my system. Even files from previous releases. Than I will reinstall from scratch.

Thank You.

Bill

Windows 7 64 OS

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
Uninstall PlanG correctly, use uninstall function.
Additionally:
- Look for a folder called \Plan-G Files
Should be here:
\User\Your name\documents

The folder \data contains all PlanG waypoints => those that are created when you rebuild the database (PlanG3_FSX.sdf)
and the (imported) user waypoints.
(UserWpts3.sdf =green dots, yellow star for POIs, unlisted airfields).
You might keep this one (UserWpts3.sdf) as backup, so you can use them later again and you don't have to import all csv-files again)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:17:32 PM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

macpilot

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »
Well reinstall hasn't solved the problem. If no one else has seen this I don't know what else to do.

Blue airplanes with no runway in center of blue airplane No description
Green Cabins no description
snow flakes no description
blue explanation marks no description
sun icon no description.

blue airplanes with runway in center displays description. :(

I checked and recheck everything mentioned above.

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:09:50 AM »
Hmmm...
a lot of "blue" things in your answer which I don't have. (?)
What do you mean by "blue explanation mark",  "snow flakes", "sun icon"?
- A blue symbol (anchor)  is for "water runways". There is no "runyway" direction marked on the map.

Question: Put your mouse pointer on any green dot or a yellow star. Mouse click right. A window opens. Do you have "Edit User Waypoint".
Are the fields like  "name", "elevation" , "notes", "tag" filled out?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:01:17 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

macpilot

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Dieter,

I'll attach a screen shot. Two monitors system why 2 pictures.

I hope this provides what your asking. Right click asks if I want to create a user waypoint.

Thanks.

Bill

macpilot

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
Below is the post at Plan G. Does anyone have version 3.0.2 51. If so do they know where I can get a copy? As I could use it till I get this problem fixed.

Thank You.

Bill

I have version 3.0.2 51 and as an example when I hover the cursor on top of a green cabin ( ORBX S. Alaska) I see a description/name of the cabin. This does not display in 3.1.3. Airport information displays fine but not others like a snow flake. This seems to be consistent in other KMZ files for other areas. Am I missing something?

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »
OK, now it's clear, we are talking about two different things:

- Your screenshot is showing a PlanG map with an imported kmz-file. So that's all correct what I see there.

- I was talking about those userwaypoints you can import into PlanG. (csv-files)
Have a look here:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/mistys/#dieter

See my attached screenshot:
Many greetings
Dieter

Dieter

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »
I have version 3.0.2 51 and as an example when I hover the cursor on top of a green cabin ( ORBX S. Alaska) I see a description/name of the cabin. This does not display in 3.1.3. Airport information displays fine but not others like a snow flake. This seems to be consistent in other KMZ files for other areas. Am I missing something?

Sorry, this is something I cannot answer. I can't remember if is was possible ever getting informations when putting the mouse pointer on one of the kmz file symbol.

Maybe Tim Arnot has an answer.
Many greetings
Dieter

macpilot

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
 Dieter,

I left a post on Plan-G asking if I could get version 3.0.2 51 while he was looking into this. If you use the KMZ files do you see what I see? Any other idea as to where I might get  version 3.0.2 51 ?

Thanks.

Bill

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »
I'm using version 3.1.3.113 and I see the same what you posted with your screenshot.

I stored all PlanG publications of the past but I don't have a version  3.0.2 51.
I have a Plan-Gv3.0.3.56.zip stored which I could transfer to you.

But to be honest at this time I'm not convinced of the advantage of an old version.
Additionally I wonder why you refer on the kmz files instead of using/importing the provided csv files.
Many greetings
Dieter

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 11:41:41 AM »
Am I missing something here?  Why do you want v3.0.2.51?
Latest version that I know of is v3.1.2.101.
Or are you speaking of P3D?  If so, the sim in use, should be the first part of a post for clarity.
 8)
Later,

Spud